When I built my first airboat, I could not find any info about the distance the stick should travel. Even when I asked experienced drivers they were vague about it. I started to think it really didn't matter much. I suppose it may be a matter of personal preference, I just didn't know.

Well, anyway today I decided to change a couple things on my boat just to see. First I decided the stick was back too far, since I had to slide my hand down to get full left rudder. I moved it forward, and that by itself made a big difference

Then I measured the total distance full left to full right rudder, at the top of the stick. I came up with about ten inches. Even though the stick takes very little effort, I really had no clue where the rudders were pointed until I popped the gas.

I moved my "built in" adjustment to increase this distance to twenty inches.

Then I took it out for a run, and what a difference. I realize I now have a lot more rudder control, and even a good sense where they are set at. It is much easier to make accurate steering changes when on plane

All in all, it now seems I have a lot more control than before, just by making a minor adjustment.

Dave