Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Generac

MAA Vendor

Re: Generac

Yea, i didn't get to go around an visit all the stuff at the show. I always stay with my projects and try to get some sales. Then i had to drive almost 200 miles each day. I did injoy meeting people from around the globe.
    Chuck

Well got the word today that engine is back from the machine shop and slowly being put back together.... maybe late next week it will be on the boat.

Still tweakin.... thought i would update ya.... maybe next week we will have it.... engine is almost ready but still feel like we are leaving something on the table....

Did ya get it back on the boat yet Br?

Motor should be going back together tonight or this weekend...

Well I hope all goes good for ya I know its been a little wait to get things fine tuned

still got a lot to tune... got to get it back on the boat... remake the exhaust that you had made for me so it will fit the Generac... get the prop right... then test it for a few weeks... break it back down and modify the engine stand for the Generac instead of the Briggs...

Mike and I both will be at a ride together in S. LA and the end of July so he will get his feel of my boat before he starts work on his... I am sure he is gonna start pushing the Generac just the way we have been talking the over the last month...

Time will tell though...

LOL yea I knew you had alot more tuning to do I was just making it sound better for you

i just hope i am ready for the water in two weeks.... then two weeks later is the ride... gotta keep her in one piece

Br what does that muffler system look like I kinda remember it but I am not sure

Best picture I have of it... I am going to have to bend the top of the tubes just below the 90s in.... the Generac cylinders are closer together than the Briggs.. and will have to change flanges...

[attachment=0:35yqxnfl]033-2.jpg[/attachment:35yqxnfl]

I got to get one of those hulls I really like them

well that one right there is for sale... hull that is... built at of .100 all over and 4 2x1 T-bars.... it was a little to light for my needs... it flexed a little much... my old hull would make a good water/soft mud ride hull but for jumping land and taking a wake not strong enough...

What thickness did you go with on your new one

.125 all over with 1/4" poly... heavy but still could run 35mph WOT with the old Briggs... takes a wake beautifully with non to little flex and can hop a few 100' of marsh without fear.

Gonna message you

la di da di da..... well the engine is almost ready... should have it on the boat late this week... if all goes well

well motor was cranked tonight for its break in... letting the ring seat and everything get oiled up with break in lube.... probably going to pick it up and the boat and start doing the final touches to put it back together....

fyi.... this is the second strongest motor built at that shop.... i am excited and can't wait to get it all in the water.

Well exciting day.... picked up the new motor and brought the boat back over the American Airboats.... maybe next week or the week after I will be swinging a Whirlwind 3-Blade Mini Prop behind a 1037cc Extreme Generac....

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

brlcla,

Yay ! O.K., its time to spill the beans. How much HP, at what engine speed?

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction