Thread: Juniata River Scouting trip 2010

Juniata River Scouting trip 2010

I'm up for another surgery on the 23rd of this month so I decided to get some boat time in. I put in at my usual spot in Halifax on the Susquehanna River and traveled down river until I met where the Juniata River meets the Susquehanna. I headed up the Juniata for a little scouting. The smallmouth bass are spawning right now and are not in season so I just spent a few hours putting around. I was having such a good day I almost forgot to take photos, well photo. I only got one photo and a short video.

The Juniata River is not quite a big as the Susquehanna but has the same characteristics. Rocks, rocks, and more rocks! I outlined my trip in red on the map below and marked where the video was shot. If I had to guess, the round trip was around 50 miles.

[attachment=1:3iv9rug1]video.jpg[/attachment:3iv9rug1]

The ledge you see in the photo to the left is RT 22/322 Just north of Harrisburg, PA
    [attachment=0:3iv9rug1]001.JPG[/attachment:3iv9rug1]

Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

Re: Juniata River Scouting trip 2010

Papee,

I wish you much luck with this round of surgery. You know that we'll all be thinking about you.

That looks like it was a nice, pleasant joy ride.

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction