Thread: Vanguard V-Twin Motor Heads up

Vanguard V-Twin Motor Heads up

I was out doing the KVRSA Clean -up this weekend and was having a great time. During the early part of the day, I put my right foot down to get over a muddy spot. I was cruising at 3000 RPM and when I floored it, the motor started to spit and pop would not get over 3400 RPMs! I was afraid I might have brokw something so I idled her down and took a look around. Nothing dripping or loose. so I shout her down and looked closer and noticed that the choke was 3/4 closed. I thought I might have had a senior moment (apologies to Chuck) and forgot to take the choke all the way off after starting. I put the choke back into the "run" position and off I went. About 20 minutes later, same poping and spitting. I looked back and darn if my choke was starting to close again. I took a small bungee cord and secured the choke in the off position. After getting home I noticed that the friction nut on the choke lever had backed off some and needed tighening.

Lots of words to let people know that if you engine starts to run rough for no good reason, check the choke!

V/R

George

16 ft Dixon Twister, Stage one 54 HP Briggs, Stainless Rigging by Ned, Engineering by Chuck
    Three Blade IVO

Re: Vanguard V-Twin Motor Heads up

Stock or Mikuni?

Re: Vanguard V-Twin Motor Heads up

It's the stock B&S carb. It's just something that happended to me this weekend and wanted other B&S owners to know about it.

George