Thread: Busy Busy Busy

Busy Busy Busy

I've been having problem with my server room in the last few days so I will be transferring all the sites to new servers at a different location. Things may get a little slow for a while but I should be done in the new couple days. I have 31 sites to move to 20 different servers. so I'll be a bit busy. Just what I need right now LOL. I'll be having my laptop on my stomach as they well me in for surgery.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Re: Busy Busy Busy

Papee,

Good luck with getting all that work done, but we know you can do it

Also, Good luck with the surgery, now go to bed and get your rest

Dave
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, THEN JUST STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

WELL, it's slowed down enough that I can explain my turmoil. AS most of you know I own a hosting and developing company which affords me the opportunity to allow the hosting a maintenance of the mini site. Just a small company serving just over thirty sites, I do mostly programming work. I'll try to keep this in lay mans terms so you can all enjoy

I (had) a managed server which means someone else did all the software installs and backups for me. I had no control over the server other than uploading files and making new hosting accounts. It all started three nights ago, my main server started getting really slow. I contacted the "people" buy support tickets and telephone calls numerous times with no answer, 3 days of constant calls and tickets. The server got so slow you could barely use it. I had a decision to make, wait for them to answer or order a new server that I could manage myself form a different company. I chose the new server.

I still have not heard anything from my old server people but I did get a bill for next month. In the last three days, I have had a new server built, overnighted it to the server room and have most of my customers back on line. Sleep has been lacking but I'm still here, I only have a few more days to get done before I go in the hospital. The worst is over, I'm on the upswing. I have never had that much pressure in all my years and I was a site super for a large commercial construction company for most of my life. I just had to come here for a huge sigh of relief

I have to install some software on the server for the gallery, it should be back up by tomorrow BTW. I was at the end of the internet and lived to tell about it! Hope you're all having a better week.

Just test image load here on the forum.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Well I just breathed a huge sigh of relief. The thought of our Mini Airboat forum going belly up scared me just a bit. Thanks for all your hard work papee and good luck with the surgery....

Flathead

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

Papee,

I know that you've been busier than a one legged man in a dance contest.

So, I ain't gonna' do any complaining, for now....

Good luck.

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction