Thread: Kohler time

Kohler time

Ever wonder what to do with a brand new Kohler 40? I took mine apart to see how it works. Hope I can remember how to put it back together.[attachment=2:3bhvtdeo]DSC01037.JPG[/attachment:3bhvtdeo][attachment=1:3bhvtdeo]DSC01034.JPG[/attachment:3bhvtdeo][attachment=0]DSC01035.JPG

MAA Vendor

Re: Kohler time

Hey rb, why don't you take out the governor gear while you got it apart. We done that on the first ones we done.
    Chuck

Yeah that's what I was thinking Chuck. Take all of it out and plug the shaft hole.

S W E E T ! ! !

Very nice RB. Nothing like looking at a freshly opened engine first thing in the morning.

Great way to start the day!
    Mike - Eastern NE

We live on the surface of a rock hurling through space...some things are bound to happen.

MAA Vendor

Hey rb, we just took the gear off and left the shaft in place for a throttle pivot point. Extreme V Twins takes the shaft out and plugs the hole. So either way is OK.
    Thanks, Chuck

Chuck you are right either way will work. I'm removing all the throttle linkage above so there's no need for the bracket and stuff above. The covers remove very easy when it hasn't been run. New cam and springs will pick up about 10 HP. With a little head work another 5 or 6 Hp. That should be enough Hp for me.