Thread: Florida the Sunshine State

Florida the Sunshine State

Just got back from Florida and let me tell you it's cold in Florida. Got there and it was typical Florida weather. By the time we left it was 32 degrees and expecting 29. Chuck's probably froze to one of those cages by now. Great to met Chuck in person. Would have liked to visit longer but had two excited girls in the truck wanting to go to Disney. Now here it's cold too. Guess I'll go to the Houston boat show this weekend at least it's indoors.

Re: Florida the Sunshine State

Isn't this weather nuts? We are getting a pretty regular winter here in PA so far but it sure has been cold lately. We got some snow again last night. Not much, just enough to mess the roads up for the morning commute so that my wife has to take my Jeep to work. It's a Grand Cherokee but she still hates to drive it.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

today was the first day in over a week we peaked over 0 ...hit all of 16 in southern iowa today...yea for ice fishing

BAH HUMBuuuuuuggggg.

Had to use that blasted snow thing again last night. Wind chills -30 today and all schools and a bunch of govt and private offices closed. Expected high for tomorrow -1.

It's a good thing the flatulence tax cops are not around becuasue there is plenty of BS piling up here.

Have fun at the boat show RB! Wish we had one this weekend...will have to keep pondering the frog-spit on the snow blower question to keep me focused.
    Mike - Eastern NE

We live on the surface of a rock hurling through space...some things are bound to happen.

MAA Vendor

Maybe you could put Frog Spit on your roof and the snow would slide off. It would also hold in heat from the sun and help heat your house. It's sold by the gallon. That would be enough to put 3 qts on the mini boat, 1 pt in the snowblower and one pint on a small section of your roof for a test. Just trying to make suggestions to help yall make it through this winter.
    Chuck

PS, DON'T TRY TO WALK ON THE ROOF AFTER THE FROG SPIT IS APPLIED.

LMAO Chuck... I like the roof idea. I will just have to keep working on uses for frog spit to keep me going.

Maybe we could come up with a list kind of like ways to cook Bubba Gump Shripmp only with frog spit and call it Chucka Gump spit. We could have Chucka Gump Spit snow blower shoots, Chucka Gump spit roofs, spit wheel borrows, spit hoes, spit ...

This is the stuff I woke up to, knee high drifts in the way again.... and I just blew it last night.

Probably cant tell from the pics but that pile of snow is getting close to 6' high. I blow it as far as I can.

In case your interested at all... This is what -40*f looks like. To put that into perspective that is like 70* below freezing. The sun dogs are natural and not off the window. That is kind of cool. No puhn intended.

The ambient this morning was a balmy -2*. Forecast for tomorrow morning -23*. Sweet... I can hardly wait.

Grandpaw always said if you ever think your having a bad day try missing one.
    Mike - Eastern NE

We live on the surface of a rock hurling through space...some things are bound to happen.

Wildfowl,

Hey, cut that out I can't hardly complain about the weather here, when you keep out doing me.

Hang in there

Dave
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, THEN JUST STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

Well it's official....the weather killed my indoor/outdoor thermometer. Woke up to a bunch of eratic blinking numbers and even new batteries wouldn't bring it back.

I will always wonder what could have been if I had just put a coat of frog spit on it.
    Mike - Eastern NE

Man I thought it was cold in SE Texas (27 degrees this morning). It's a heat wave compared to your area.

Hey RB... I'm glad your back home safe and you have a boat show.
    Mike - Eastern NE

OK guys,

A buddy came across a little project, that most of us should have done last summer, that is
    if this winter continues the way it started!

This is a suggestion of what to do with that old Airboat engine in the winter.

Dave

Edit: Hey Papee, how come this post is cut off at the right side?

Edit #2: Never mind Papee, I fixed it myself.

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

Dave,

That's a mean SRD. I sure am glad that I don't need one of those.

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

Duane,

Don't be too sure you don't need it. I heard a rumor that global warming may change to global cooling, and lots of changes are a-coming

Dave

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

Dave,

Yep, you never know what's coming.... At least I've not needed one of those YET.

Maybe I "should" start looking for a SRD now, before the rush.

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

I could use one of those... Has anyone tried frog spit on it?

Papee... everything is looking ok on IE

My take on global warming is that everything goes in cycles...that is the natural order of things. Everything from how you feel to the cards you get delt every day... We could easily cycle again into a global cooling trend (see tag line below).
    Mike - Eastern NE

Wildfowl,

I assume that you are thinking about using Frogspit to keep snow from sticking to you SRD shoot?

Years ago I bought a can of Graphite type paint, sold for just that purpose. Today I found the still almost full can, and I checked some spillage on the side of can.

Guess what? It is nowhere as slippery as the frogspit on my Aircat hull, so I would say, go for it

Dave

Thanks Dave,

For some reason I am not surprised but good to know for sure. That is good stuff.

We got over 3' of snow, all said and done, and it looks like the Feds are comming in to help find places to put it all.

You know that broken weld I fixed on the blower.... well that is holding up real good but it's red-headed step cousin on the opposite side decided to throw a fit. Oh..well... good practice time on the stick but more like work than fun.

I dang near bought a new one but every time I looked at it in the store I saw a pair of Chucks rudders and a starter sitting there. I guess welding aint so bad.
    Mike - Eastern NE

Wildfowl,

That makes sense Mike, use the welder to maintain the work equipment, and save your money for the important
    (fun) things.

Dave