Thread: 200cc honda

200cc honda

hi new to the site here im looking foward to getting some great ideas from the people on here and all the usefull info.
    i was wondering if anyone else has tried this yet? if so what kind of results? this is my first time brazing and bending emt so dont be to harsh. the motor is a honda clone 6.5 200cc with 2:1chain drive, 1.3 ratio rokers, 8* adv timing, small flywheel fan, bored carb to 15.5mm, and had 9.3:1 comp ratio head ported and milled .065.was approx 9-10 hp@5500rpm. yesterday i put on a new head with 10.5:1 c/r not milled yet goin to try it today. the boat wouldnt plane off before im hoping to make a diff. if its still not enough i will mill .050 off this head to raise comp to approx 11.8:1 then if i can make some$ a 22mm mikuni carb
    currently spining a 42-20 stick from rnd, rpms?
    i know some people use the 13hp gx390 honda was wondering what size prop do they run and how good it works. this motor is almost 50lbs lighter!

Re: 200cc honda

You should be spinning that prop at about 3200 rpm. What size is your hull? How heavy is it? The thrust you get from that prop may not be enough to get it over the top. Are you getting 5500rpm from the motor with the prop on?
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

the hull is around 11' x 7'-9.5 " tall at transom im guessing the hull is bout 180#give or take its an old apache hull. as far as 3200prop rpms/2:1 ratio 6400rpm thats a little more then i want to spin my motor yet i've heard of this flywheel magnet coming lose around 7000rpm. im hoping to stay away from that speed till i find a new flywheel and connecting rod. also i dont have a tach on it
    i haven't had the chance to test it yet with the new head i spent yesterday riding my real boat lol 240hp sbc.

if anyone is interested in the little fan boat on the left of the bottom pic its for sale it has a real honda 160cc about 9hp i just rebuilt it lots of work done its fast for its size i will be posting it in the classifeds with more info