Thread: New tool!!! ABGITGD

New tool!!! ABGITGD

Yes, an Airboat Get It in The Garage Device!!! I started taking measurements today for my new tool. I hope no-one steals my idea.
    ABGITGD(pronounced Ab-git-D)
    I am making a four wheeled cart with swiveling/steering wheels on one end. The contraption will be hinged on one end and a hydraulic jack on the other end. You will be able to raise the front at an angle to slide the boat off your trailer onto the ABGITD then raise the front to the angle needed to get it a normal height garage door. After you have cleared the opening you can let the jack down and it serves as a dolly to move you boat around. Just do it in reverse to get it back out. I am doing this because of the problems getting the boat back onto the trailer when you are ready to move it back out. I always do this by myself and the ABGITD will make the process much easier.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Re: New tool!!! ABGITGD

OK Papee sounds good. What size and kind of wheels will we use on this ABGITD

Hey, Just had a brain pain; Do you think the little pneumatic tires and wheels that Harbor Freight sells will work? I think they are about 10".

I'm still in the design stages, my research dept is working on it as I speak. I have the frame made and I am hoping to use a garden cart/stool that I got from HF for the wheels. I think they are exactly what you are talking about.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

It's funny that you mention your research dept. is working on it. My research dept. just told me that for a heavy boat I may need stronger axles. The suggestion was to use the Chevy Cavalier rear spindles that i just happen to have. I think they bolt up to the rear axle with 4 bolts. With some square tubing for an axle this may work better.

I am lucky that I have a small tractor with a front end loader that will do the work. And guess what, next March it will belong to me instead of John Deer

Hey, not trying to steel your glory but just an idea. Keep on

I really think this is a good idea.

Jim

Great idea papee, thats some good thinkin' right there

Dave
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, THEN JUST STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

Papee,

Maybe it should be called a shoe horn.

Seriously, if my shop wasn't so full of other stuff, I'd consider it myself.

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

The idea just came to me and I can see other uses for it. When the boat is on the trailer it is hard for me to get in and out of with my legs. This will make the boat lower to the ground and easier to work on. When I set the boat on the garage floor it is too low for me to work on so this may be just what I need. I'm going to put the platform together with the wheels on and test the height before I get to far in the process.
    "Necessity is the mother of invention."

In my search around the shed to see what I had to add to the project I found a set of Piper Cub Tires and rims. Tires were never mounted so I'll be using them for the end that will hold most of the weight. I'm still not sure about the steering end, I may just put some casters on that end. If I balance it right I can keep most of the weight over the landing gear tires and may even be able to lift the front to steer it when on a rough surface. Since both of my boats will be approx 14' it should work for both boats. I have another set of these wheels and tires on my home made lawn cart that have been on for years and are still in great shape so I guess I'll use them up.

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

Papee,

With Piper Cub wheels and tires, you may have opened up some other possibilities for the ABGITGD.

How about a LSHSFD? (Let's See How She Flies Device?)

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction