Thread: Another great day on the water.

Another great day on the water.

The river was just right today FINALLY! The water temp was 40.9 degrees so when you first hooked on to one it felt like you were stuck until you tried to pull him in. Not a good pic, I forgot my camera and used my phone. This one was about 20 inches. For those of you running the Ultra Prop, it really doesn't do much good to push them past 3100 RPM I have my engine turning 3600 and it doesn't make much difference after 3100. I'm going to jump up another degree in pitch.

Since I changed the motor it glides pretty far when I let off the pedal even in deep water.

Name:  2_d2119885e39cb9d670c703d6ecefe9f5.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  48.6 KB
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

Re: Another great day on the water.

Papee,

I guess that any day that you can see a performance improvement from your efforts has to be a Great day.

Thanks,

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

Re: Another great day on the water.

Nice fish Papee,

Last week our water temp was about 60. I was there today to do my final check on the boat before i remove the engine and rigging. I didn't check the temp but the air temp here was in the mid 70's and has been.

The water is up about 4 ft. because of the storm.

I will remove the rigging tomorrow and put an outboard on. Then i will try it as a regular fishing boat and see how it works. I will probably wind up putting the rig on another hull but don't know yet. Time will tell.

Jim