Thread: Just thought it would be fun to have a shop area

Just thought it would be fun to have a shop area

Show us your work shops. I do most of my work in the garage but all my larger tools are in my basement shop. I'll add photos after I've has time to "sweep the floor". Don't hold your breath for that one. I would give anything for a detached garage so the wife never visited.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Re: Just thought it would be fun to have a shop area

I'm with you Papee. There is no way i will take pictueres now, because of the junk and the place isn't even finished. I actually added 36'x36' on to the end of the basement entrance. I built it to keep my experimental plane in but decided to make it into a shop also. The old shop building is now a storage building.

Since my new interest in airboats, i have only one problem; the door isn't tall enough. The good part is i do have access to a huge shop where i am now working. So i suppose that is where i will do my winter work on the boat but i cant store it there.

Next: Solve the storage problem

Jim

Hey Papee,

I think you all have seen pictures inside my shop, and it ain't nothing to look at. The main thing good about it is, it's almost big enough, and it gets me and my projects out of the elements.

Also, wifey is welcome to visit, but I notice that when see does, she generally just stands in the doorway and looks in. I know she wants to comment on my housekeeping, or lack thereof, but thankfully she keeps those comments to herself.

Dave
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, THEN JUST STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

My wife stands at the door also shouting the orders. Her biggest peeve lately is all the nuts, bolts, washers, and screws. I have some of them in coffee cans, clear plastic containers, or boxes. She want me to get rid of it, "you don't need all that stuff". She wants to buy me small bins to organize, I tell her the bins are too small and that guys have been storing parts in coffee cans for years and it still works just fine. Then there's my two Misc. trays, ones from truck tool boxes, they have the dividers in but they are over flowing the dividers because that is where all the leftover parts end up, nuts bolts ect. I admit that they do need dome attention.

She complained about all the "scrap" metal under my work bench and I told her that I use it. When you have a welder there is no such thing as scrap metal. That comment didn't work so I just put a front on over the bottom of the bench so she couldn't see it.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

I sure wish that I had a full sized shop like Buster. I don't have any recent photos, but maybe you can see from these.

As you can see, the shop is full of "stuff". There is very little space to work inside other than a small work bench. And there's no way to put the boat inside.

Fortunately, I have a large concrete area in front of and beside the shop, but all of my boat work has to be done outside.

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

Here is the home of Big Island Engineering a fictitious enterprise. Situated in a secure and undisclosed location.

I thought I ordered a Bud Light and they brought out a Bug Light.

Work bench with heater, tv, radio(for when the game is not on tv), and air.

I'll have to add the wall of woe later. That would be the wall with all the yard hand tools...yuck. Thats where the torch and welder are so it aint all bad. I'm not allowed to use the torch or welder around the work bench anymore...
    Mike - Eastern NE

We live on the surface of a rock hurling through space...some things are bound to happen.

Ok here's my shop!
    A garage with the great out door's for an exstention. Shade tree for a roof.
    Don't ask to look inside or you would die laughing and I wouldn't want to be responsible for that.
    Mabee I will post an inside picture Naw probably not.
    Bogger
    Boat specs:
    Hull, 116 fiberglass
    Bottom, Frog spit
    Motor, Rotax 532 dual carb
    65 ponies to push with
    Reduction, 2.58/1
    Prop, IVO 62in.3blade adjustable
    Rigging, 0.5 and 0.75 emt

All still under construction

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

Bogger,

Yeah, I've got one of those great outdoors extensions myself.

Turns out to not be all of that great though. But beats the heck out of
    nothing... At least you have a shade tree. I could have sure used one of those
    back in July / August / September.

Looks like you're getting it done though.

I can hardly wait to see what it looks like when you get her put back together.

Keep us posted....

Thanks,

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction