Thread: Hey River Rat

Hey River Rat

Where are you

I 'm building a boat :P and i think you should be

Do i need to call and check on you

It isen't like you don't have something to start with

Re: Hey River Rat

Hey Airhead! :P Yea, my pile of parts keeps growing! And I'd like to say that I've been working on using it to build a boat, but unfortunately not the case... Been spending a good bit of time down at the river. Bought a little mobile home to put down at the new place, and decided to gut it and start over! It was not in too bad of shape, but... I just couldn't leave well enough alone. Wife says it's my OCD...

Funny thing happenned down at the river the other day. I had sprayed some weed killer around the edge of the woods a couple of weeks ago, and got in there to clean it up after the weeds died... and found a darn ole opposed cylinder air cooled engine. I still haven't gotten enough of the brush out from in front of it to get to it (without getting bit by a cottonmouth), but I'm sure it's gonna be an old V-dub. My first thought was - look at that old airboat engine! Between seeing that and my neighbor down there that keeps telling me I'm going to need an airboat where I am back there, I'm going nucking futs to get started!
    I promise (scouts honor), I'm going to get my hull metal bent no later than next week and get started.

Good to hear from you! Hope yours is coming along OK. Let me know if I can get you any metal, or help you with anything.

Missed the board for the past couple of weeks! Got some readin and catching up to do on the builds!

Rat!
    There is no normal life... There's just life. - Doc Holliday

OK Rat,

Since you have been on the river , I guess you are forgiven I was about to give you a call on the land line to check on you. I hope you can get started soon. Let me know if I can help.

Hey, Is this camp on Logan Martin? I forgot. If it is give me a long. & lat. I may suprise you :P

Jim

Airhead, It's on Bankhead Lake on the Warrior River. I'm on the Jefferson County side. Straight across the river in Walker County is the ~ 45,000 acre Mulberry Fork management area

Here's a link showing decent aerial view... I'm all the way at the far east end of the slough.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v ... &encType=1
    There is no normal life... There's just life. - Doc Holliday