Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flathead's Combee TomCat

Hybrid View

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    Duane,

How long did it take him to find a new place to stay?

Dave
    Buster,

She took it gracefully, and didn't kick him out of the house. It was as much a mistake on her part as his.

That happened sometime in the mid 1980's. (When they were young enough for those adventures.)

I met up with them both a couple of years ago. They still live on Lake Blackshear, and he still has a go-fast boat.

But I don't think she's doing much skiing anymore...

Few of us are up to what we could do back then.

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

February,february? that was my last post? wow how time flies..... bought that damn buggy, kind of distracted me for a while I guess. The Fatcat is running great. Now it's time to finish her up. A little rewiring, paint and spit and polish and she's good to go. I'll put the GPS on it soon and let you know the performance #'s soon enough. It will put 3 people on plane ( and we are not petite)so it's good enough for me.....pics to come soon. I wish I had a little Dobro music to make really real......

Flathead

Re: Flathead's Combee TomCat

This project started in Aug of 2009. It's now April 2013. Almost 3 years. Wow how time flies! Finally finished the Fatcat! (of course it will never be really finished. I'll always be tinkering with it.) Put the newly painted rudders on it yesterday and took it for a ride in the snow. Here's a very short clip of my daughter in the front yard running it. It was surprisingly controllable. All I need to do is put the registration numbers on it and I'm good to go. I even ran into our local DNR officer last night and he said the boat won't be a problem... A big THANK YOU to all the members who helped me out with good advice and encouragement! OK, I tried to upload the video, and Iv'e forgotten how. I'll get a pic up though as soon as I have one......

Flathead

Hey Bruce,
    That must be some kind of a record for the longest time to build just one airboat. Oh, wait a minute, I think Duane must be in the same catagory. At least if his is finished I didn't hear about it. The important thing is that you guys enjoyed the time it took to put it all together. I kinda wish I could build another one, but I'm just not up to the task anymore.
    I'll keep watching the forum from time to time 'cause I'd like to see the Fatcat in action.

Dave
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, THEN JUST STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

Just post the link to the video, copy and paste it. I'll fix it for you. I just got my boat out to get ready for the season. Now I have to add that darn buggy in the mix. I can't drive it because of my blood clots but we are racing 14 races this year. Now since I'll be doing better my retirement will be much more fun, airboating/fishing during the week and racing on the weekend. Hey Buster I'll be coming out to western PA 8 times this year maybe you could slide down and watch. West Sunbury PA. It's only a few hundred miles.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Hey Papee,

I'd sure like to do that, but between all wifeys health problems and all my own, I haven't been fifty miles from the house in years. We just don't travel well!
    I sure would like to see a video of you racing if any are available though!

Dave

Tell you what, bring a recorder and a your banjo over, and maybe we can jam up a little music to fix airboats by???

Seems like you are gonna need to donate some spare time to getting that old Fatcat ready for the water this summer. Remember, it's really hot right now, but in Minnesota, summers don't last too long!

Great hearing from you Bruce,
    Dave