Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duane

Duane

I only have one question what are you doing with all this SPECIAL STEALTH PAINT

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

Re: Duane

David,

I COULD tell you, but I'm not sure that you have the double nought top secret clearance. You're a nice guy, and I'd hate to see your life end early because of it.

The Sea Eye Aye, and the Eff Bee Eye, and the Kay Gee Bee, all monitor this forum....

Just consider it TOP SECRET, O.K. ?

What the heck is that? A cat paint booth?

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

David.

I think I know what Duane is doing with all that paint! I suspect he's building up the horsepower of his 084

Anyway, that 's my hunch, and you didn't hear it from me,...OK???

Catman
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, THEN JUST STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

Hey Duane quit painting just the case the paint is getting to thick it looks like it is starting to swallow the jugs

Hey Duane,

You wouldn't happen to have pictures of those spark plug wire adapters would you? If i understood correctly they just screw on the mag cap to hold the wires. Is this correct?

I have my engine mounted and running with the shielded ign now but will be changing to auto plugs asap.

Thanks and hope the crud has left you. We've had it here too and it's kinda like an unwanted visitor that don't know when to leave.

Jim

Airhead,

Sorry, I haven't installed the spark plug wire adapters yet, and haven't taken any pictures.

The kit consists of some plastic nuts, sized the same as those used on the original shielded wires, and a bunch of o-rings. You slip the nut up on the wire, and then add 5 or 6 of the o-rings. When you tighten the nut down it compresses the o-rings to fill the void and make things secure.

It's really pretty simple. I suspect that it'd be better to use the original brass nuts instead of the plastic ones though. You could make your own that way with just a handfull of the right sized o-rings. Or you can order them from Richard Harris on the Yahoo 4A084 experimentors user group. The kit was $20 plus $5 shipping.

I don't have the crud. What I've got is a BAD case of acid reflux. Fortunately the medication is working for me now, so it's on the mend. But I was a very sick puppy for a while there.

I'll take pictures when I get it done, but that may be a while.

Thanks,

Duane

Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb

under construction

Hey Duane,

Sorry about that acid reflux. I feel for you from just having bad heartburn or whatever it is that i have sometimes.

Thanks for the info; that is really tooooo simple. I have mucho o rings and will give it a try. It sounds like you have done what i have done many times. I will pay for something and then want to kick my own a$$ for not figuring it out myself.

For whatever its worth, i may get to put my boat in the water this weekend. It's iffy. I am building rudders this week and have a few more issues to work out. I have been working too hard on it lately and with the "crud" it's been tough. Now that this monsoon season has let up maybe i can feel better and post more.

Thanks again,

Later

Duane,

Are you still using the tiny tach on your engine? I had problems with the westach so i bought a tiny tach like the one you have. I am concerned about the numbers. With the 52 inch prop at max pitch i only turn 2400 but it sounds like more. Also idle is about 1000-1200 and can't be turned down much lower. The engine runs great i am just concerned about the tach being accurate. By the way, just for info the guy at Westach said it is probably the Fairbanks Morris mag causing the problem.

Jim

Rain! Rain! go away!

Airhead,

I haven't ran the engine since I last posted about the Tiny Tach. Mine appeared to be correct. With the stock carb, my idle was also fast, but the Tiny Tach appeared correct throughout the range.

If you suspect that the Tach is wrong, borrow a hand held tach to check it out. I'm planning to do that with mine just to be sure once I get it all together.

Or call up the Tech support guy at Tiny Tach. I forget his name, but he was very helpful.

Good Luck !

Duane

Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb

under construction

Thanks Duane,

I have about decided that the tach is correct and i think i have a prop problem. I will be calling tomorrow to discuss this.

Thanks again,

Jim

Thanks Duane,

I have about decided that the tach is correct and i think i have a prop problem. I will be calling tomorrow to discuss this.

Thanks again,

Jim

Hey Duane,

I noticed that you make your sentence's short
    an then go to the next line. Are you'll having problems reading
    what i post? I am making some of these short and now i am going as long as i can. Just a thought and anyone else please chime in.

Jim

Airhead,

No, I do not have a problem reading your posts.

Thanks,

Duane

Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb

under construction

Me neither.
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, THEN JUST STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

Me three...they look fine.

Have noticed some of the posts going wide and have to scroll over since Papee put the new thingy on the index page????

But yours all look good.
    Mike - Eastern NE

We live on the surface of a rock hurling through space...some things are bound to happen.

Oh is the chat too wide for your screens? I have big monitors (22") and didn't check it on a small monitor. I can make it smaller if it is causing anyone problems.

Edit: but it should not make a difference when you are reading a post because it is not on the screen in that view.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

I'll have to take some notes for specific posts as I run across them Papee.

I have a 19" wide and some of the posts, only a few, I have to scroll L to R to read. I think it might have to do if images are in the post. Not all posts with images only some.

When I run across one I'll shoot you a PM.

Not a big deal either way.
    Mike - Eastern NE

We live on the surface of a rock hurling through space...some things are bound to happen.

I do all of my browsing from my laptop with a 14" screen. Except for the occasional huge picture, I don't have to scroll to read posts here.

Duane

Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb

under construction

Right now the posts in this thread are ok but the top area is to wide. the "control panel" of "user control panel" is cut off and I have to scroll.
    Mike - Eastern NE

Well, yeah, now that you mention it, I see the same thing. But it's not a show stopper for me.

Duane

Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb

under construction