Thread: Competition Aircraft Prop

Competition Aircraft Prop

I got my prop from Competition yesterday. During assembly I noticed that the original flywheel bolt will not fit in the one inch hole. My question is; do i find a different bolt or modify the prop hub?

Thanks, Jim

Re: Competition Aircraft Prop

I'm not sure I remember what setup you are using but the nut is countersunk on the adapter on a Arrow Props adapter so there is no need to modify anything. There is not much "meat" there on that hub, I don't think I'd modify anything there.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Papee,

I bought the three blade prop from Competition and a hub from Arrow Prop. Even without any washers the original flywheel bolt isn't flush. I don't think it will be too much to enlarge the composite hub hole but i will call competition Monday and ask. Isn't this the same set up as yours? If so there must be some difference somewhere.

Thanks, Jim

Anyone else familiar with this; chime away

I just went out and looked, is yours a two piece? The 3.5 in is on the first then a second ring that adapts for the smaller pattern. The center bolt does stick out just a bit(1/8") on the hub but easily fits through my stick prop. If I were to add the adapter ring for the Ultra Prop it would be covered by about 3/4 in. Does your adapter look like mine? For the Ultra Prop you would be using the adapter as pictured.

Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Papee,

My prop hub is a one piece that is drilled for two patterns.
    We camped on the river this weekend and just now got settled back home, so now i will call Competition about enlarging the composite hub. There is a statement in the instructions about minor modifications but i had rather be sure.

Thanks, Jim

OK, I have an answer to my prop and hub situation. After talking to both Arrow Prop and Competition Propellers, here is the answer: The hub needs a spacer so the bolt will be recessed and clear the composite hub ( the prop ) Also Competition does not provide a face plate for their props unless you ask for it. Now since I need the spacer also, Don at Arrow is sending me everything. I wish they would just make the flange thicker. Hint

Papee, Now what you were trying to explane to me about the different bolt patterns is clear.

Thanks

wooah What was i thinking Make the hub thicker If you use both the washers that comes with the hub the flange would have to be one inch +/- thick. Now. Are both washers necessary I feel sure Arrow prop builds the hub to work with their props, sooo. Just info and food for thought. Watda you think