Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toughster 127

MAA Vendor

Re: Toughster 127

We are going to start with a 3 blade 64 inch Warp Drive and after the first test we will put a rubber goose neck on the filter to move it to the front of the cage and check the RPM difference.
    Thanks, Chuck

Look forward to it... Plan on using a Stage 2 or 3 for my boat. Let us know if there is an RPM difference so I know what to look for when the time come.

MAA Vendor

Thanks bricia, I will keep you posted.
    Chuck

its BR LC LA, as in Baton Rouge, Lake Charles, Louisiana

MAA Vendor

Well, now you see how bad my eyes are. My 3.5 reading glasses need to be change to 4.0 but i can't find them. I guess i need reg glasses for reading.
    Thanks for the correction, Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by chuckitt
    Well, now you see how bad my eyes are. My 3.5 reading glasses need to be change to 4.0 but i can't find them. I guess i need reg glasses for reading.
    Thanks for the correction, Chuck

No harm no foul...

were you able to test today?

MAA Vendor

A little, it rained about 2 inches at least so we ran it in the yard. Try this link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jws2kCpQ_aU
    Chuck

Just about anyone can put a big block motor on a boat and make it go but there are not too many around that can make a boat move like that with a lawn mower engine? That thing WORKS!
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

The throat in that motor sounds good... Can she run on dry ground? Any performance changes if you relocate the Air Filter?

MAA Vendor

It does sound good with the single exhaust. It will run on some dry ground but not all types of grass. It's best to keep your momentum up. We have to remember this hull might weight between 325 to 375 lbs. I hope to get the boat weight this weekend so we can compare it to the other mini's. Maybe we will get time tomorrow to change the intake tube and try it. I know we gained 100 RPM when we done it on the 40 HP Kohler.
    Thanks, Chuck

Hey Chuck,
    She sure looks good in the video. I guess my vw would push it around pretty well. If we determine that mine is a lead sled, this looks like a great option. Good luck with your testing.

John
    Harvest in circles

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

Chuck,

She's looking very nice. Yay!

I wouldn't want to be a bush at your place. You seem to be hard on 'em.

Thanks,

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

Forum Reader

was eager to see av8or put that e81 on somthing like the 127. see how it compares to the 70 hp briggs?

MAA Vendor

John O'neal built 2 airboats with the RD2 hulls with polymer on the bottom and they had the VW engine and a Century Drive. They not only worked good but i rode in the front seat and he drove it up on ground and over a 10 inch log and back to the water. I think they are for sale. He had the engines built and set them up with twin carbs. The RD2 hull is 11 ft 8 inches long and our Toughster 127 is 12 ft long.
    Thanks, Chuck

The e-81 should work good also.

MAA Vendor

Here is another video we done on the river yesterday.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s94ng_sG6Dg
    We drove over the slide at the Dam with 2 people but thats on another video.
    Chuck

Great running boat! Aint this fun making these little motors work? I think the mini airboat has found it's place on the water. Like the tag line of the site says," mini airboats but not mini on fun".
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

MAA Vendor

Here is another video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LWHyMoT6xs
    Chuck

Chuck,

I'm really like'n that Toughster The videos are just too neat But i've got to find out what the barge willdo for now

Jim

P.S. How's the fishin in that place

I checked out both other videos, that is a fine machine ya have there. I might have to see what Mr. Oneal might want to trade. I have one ea-81 left, with an amax redrive....I would have to put the heads back on. The other one I had is flying in New Jersey now. My vw has the dual weber carbs and an oil cooler on board. Well, I should probably get a job and just buy what I want.......naaaaa did that for years, now I barter.....lol

JOhn
    Harvest in circles