Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toughster 127

MAA Vendor

Toughster 127

The Toughster 127 is our newest addition of the mini hulls. It is 12 ft long X 7 ft wide and has soft chines with a small Vee in the bottom. It comes with 1/4 inch Gatorback UHMW Polymer installed unless ordered without poly. We will set this one up with a Stage 2 Extreme V Twin engine, Century Drive unit, and SS Metalworks. Papee, This is the type hull i was tell you should work in your river.
    Thanks, Chuck
    Look at the pictures in the Gallery

Re: Toughster 127

Looks great, but wouldn't expect anything different! I like the chine profile better than the RD2, but what's the purpose of the little step feature? Does it help stabilize and keep the boat from rolling too much? Or is it a structural feature?
    There is no normal life... There's just life. - Doc Holliday

MAA Vendor

The flat at the end of the chime is what keeps it from too much roll. Thanks for putting the picture on for me, i had to go on a service call.
    Chuck

No problem on adding the pic in, Chuck...
    Man, I like this one.

HEY, AIRHEAD!! This one has your name ALL OVER it!!!
    This hull + your 084 = happy Airhead!
    (note: The same formula would apply to many of us I'm sure)

DT
    There is no normal life... There's just life. - Doc Holliday

You got that right Rat. I checked out all the pictures earlier and had a little dream I will make you a deal Rat; you buy us each one and i will go get them Thats sounds like a goooood deal What do you think But all joking aside i would like to know what they sell for. HEY CHUCK are you listening

JIm

Yep that's my boat, you guys that are interested in this hull, remember that this hull will probably be the last hull you will need to buy! They will outlast us, well me any way. After thinking about it more, maybe not. There are so many trees out there with my name on I'm not so sure.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Chuck can you get me some measurements? I have a good trailer and want to see if it is wide enough. How wide is the bottom of the boat? How wide is it 4 feet forward from the stern? I hate to part with my traler but if it is not wide enough ho hum.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

MAA Vendor

Hey Papee, The hull at the bottom is 6 ft 1 inch and this is the same all the way forward to where the rake starts. Then it tapers in to 5 ft 10 inches at the headlog. This hull sells for $ 3550.00 with the poly bottom and $ 2750.00 without poly. It is $ 3050.00 with Frog Spit slick bottom and $ 3150.00 with Steel Flex epoxie.
    Thanks for your comments, Chuck

Hey Papee...whatcha going to engine that with? If you don't mind my asking.

I have been hearing some real good things about the Gatorback...what color is it?
    Mike - Eastern NE

We live on the surface of a rock hurling through space...some things are bound to happen.

Just to be clear, that particular hull is not mine. I will be getting a version of that hull with the only difference being the size of the front deck. I will be using a larger deck so I can mount a fishing seat and trolling motor there. I'll be using the 084 on it. I've also decided to go with 1/8 poly.

MAA Vendor

Hey Papee, we have never installed 1/8 th inch polymer. I haven't seen any made for airboats. We use 1/4, 5/16, and 3/8 inch thick. We also use the black, It is the most popular.
    Thanks, Chuck

Sorry Chuck, that was a typo.

MAA Vendor

Here is a picture of the bottom.

Thanks, Chuck

what is that polymer.. that's some really nice stuff!!

MAA Vendor

Polymer is a hard plastic and the type we use is called UHMW. We buy it in sheets that are 1/4, 5/16, and 3/8 inch thick and 80 inches wide and 160 inches long. The brand we buy is called Gatorback.
    Thanks, Chuck

Chuck,

Have you considered using the vacuum bonded poly rather than the screw in. I wasnt sure if it was much benefit besides not drilling holes in the hull which are potential leak points.

MAA Vendor

I did consider the vacumn bagging using epoxie to anchor the polymer. The cost for this size hull would be over $ 3000.00 dollars compared to $ 700.00. I didn't see any advantage and we would still have to put screws around the outside edge to make sure it didn't start coming off. We don't have any leaks unless you tear a screw loose on sharp rocks. Then just replace it with a screw and nut.
    Thanks, Chuck

MAA Vendor

The engine stand and seat frame are made a little different to give more useable room in the boat.

Chuck

MAA Vendor

The Toughster 127 will be complete this week. Here are some pictures. We are going to test it Wednesday afternoon.

Any idea on prop selection? Are you worried about limiting performance with light air at the air intake?