Thread: Camp 2009

Camp 2009

Today was the first chance I really had to get out to camp. It's been raining for a couple weeks on and off then there's always the honey-do list. The son in law and went out this morning to get the tarps up and get some of the weeds down. We got enough down to get the tarps up then decided to do a little fishing.

Airhead mentioned redneck, I got enough of that to go around with my camp setup. I tried to snap a few pics with the camera and the batteries were dead. Here's one I snapped with my iPhone and it even has the thumb included in the photo.

The camp is on an island that is about 5 acres and there is one other camp on the island. I may go out tomorrow weather permitting and get the rest of the weeds down and get the fire pit set up. One more day until bass season comes in.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Re: Camp 2009

Yep, you might have a little redneck in you. :P
    There is no normal life... There's just life. - Doc Holliday

LOL, hopefully this will be the last year for the tarps. I'll be putting up a building when I have some time to get out there. The tarps are over the platform the cabin will sit on. The water gets high in the winter months so I have to build about 8 feet above the ground to keep it from getting flooded.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Papee,
    I thought all us rednecks lived in the south . Personally i would like to be there with you. And about rednecks; my wife calls me one all the time and i tell her that's ok because i'm a high-teck redneck .

Jim

I don't know Papee...best I can tell that plastic chair still has all four legs. Looks like a normal camp to me.
    Mike - Eastern NE

We live on the surface of a rock hurling through space...some things are bound to happen.

Funny you should mention that. That is a replacement for one with three legs. There was a log laying across the edge of camp just the right size so I just set the chair over the log. It was everyone's favorite fireside seat until the river carried the log away at high water.

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

You might be a Northern Redneck if:

Your name is Papee.

That's a GREAT camp, Papee.

Is that a Motel 6 I see in the background?

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

I think I'm sensing some jealousy around here.

Well...

I went out at 6 this morning and just got back. The fishing was less than desirable, I did catch a few and managed to get some more work done at camp. I did some riding and burned almost the whole 6 gals. Not a problem at all although I do see a little oil leaking between the head and cylinder I just put on. Time to re torque them.

EDIT: The leak was just the valve cover but I did hit the head bolts again.

My camp is a little past where you see the heads of the mountains on each side in the following photo.

My arms are just not long enough to get the fish in the pic.