Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toughster 127

MAA Vendor

Re: Toughster 127

It will work real good papee. We will check our weight transfer on this one when we run it. I will have to know the weight of your trolling motor so we can fiqure it in. After we test this boat, we will know where to locate the rigg.
    Thanks, Chuck

The trolling motor is 63 lbs my anchor sits on the other corner of the front and is 23 lbs. On my boat I have the battery centered about 3ft forward from the rear, the trolling motor on the right front, the anchor on the left front and the gas tank on the left rear to balance it from side to side. My current tank is six gals but I'll be getting one of yours with the sight glass. I guess we could center the gas tank and put the battery on the anchor side, I use a single battery now but the biggest they make.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

MAA Vendor

Thanks Papee, This thing may be called The MiniShip.
    Chuck

You just have to get the hull lighter in weight but not in toughness. I think I'll be fine, If I end up with a single person boat that is fine with me. The wife has me on a diet so maybe I can get you another 40-50lbs off.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

MAA Vendor

Here is how it looks with the cage setting on it.

Chuck

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

Chuck,

It's looking very nice. I do wonder though why this cage was built "full" instead of your semi-pancake style. (I don't know what else to call it.)

I like the look of a full cage, but also like access to the engine.

Was that customer preference, or a technical reason?

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

That's about right, a little lower and maybe a foot shorter for me. Just enough room between the seats for some leg room. Maybe even move the rear seat back a bit to gain a little more room.

Duane, I make all my stuff full cages because I use it for fishing and it helps keep us away from the hot stuff. Also so the fishing line doesn't rub and get burned off. You really don't lose much space because it tappers back on the sides.

MAA Vendor

Hey Duane, the full cage covers the headers and exhaust pipes. It's a must if you ride small kids that can fall into them. With the pancake cage, a guard could be built to cover them but knowone ever does.
    Papee, the rear seat can be moved more to the rear but this boat gets the Stage 2 Briggs which has the carb in front of the engine. David and I looked it over today and a front driver will work good in this hull. There will be plenty of room for a rear passenger.
    Thanks, Chuck

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

Papee, and Chuck,

Thanks for the replies. Both made good sense.

With my side by side seating, it'll be difficult to get back there to the headers and exhaust pipes anyway, and what little fishing I plan to do will be from the front half of the boat, so I'll move ahead with my pancake cage plans.

We've just had another round of thunderstorms move thru, but the forecast is good for tomorrow morning. I've got my fingers crossed to make some progress tomorrow.

Thank you both,

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction