Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: building my first airboat

Re: building my first airboat

If you get the 52" 3 blade prop from Competition aircraft you will be fine. Get the 18 degree shims with it.

The hub from Arrow props does have both the bolt patterns, the Rotax and the3.5". The Ultra prop from Competition aircraft will use the Rotax pattern. The way it works, is for the Rotax pattern they are threaded holes to attach the prop. If you decide to go to a Arrow prop or 3.5 in (?? not sure of the number), you take the bolts out and attach the prop using nuts and bolts to the main hub and use the other part as a front plate.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Thanks for clearing that up Papee. The guy at Arrow had me confused. I will call today and order the hub.

Jim

Hey Arhead,
    Thats a neat looking hull. Its not a catameran type hull is it? I can't tell by the picture. Looks clean. Is there ribs on the botom? Sure looks good for fishen.
    Can't wait to see how your project moves along. Keep it simple . there's usualy less that can go wrong.
    Bogger
    Boat specs:
    Hull, 116 fiberglass
    Bottom, Frog spit
    Motor, Rotax 532 dual carb
    65 ponies to push with
    Reduction, 2.58/1
    Prop, IVO 62in.3blade adjustable
    Rigging, 0.5 and 0.75 emt

All still under construction