Thread: Mini Airboat Demo in LA

MAA Vendor

Mini Airboat Demo in LA

What would be the best time to do a demo in LA? Early March? Late Feb.?
    What City and Lake would be best?
    Who would show up if we done a demo in LA?
    When are other boat shows or events Held in LA?
    I need these answers so i can plan a trip to LA.
    Thanks, Chuck

Re: Mini Airboat Demo in LA

I can't say when would be best but the ideal thing to do would be get set up as a vendor at the upcoming louisiana sportsman show in the superdome , I think that is coming in feb or march not positive but you could check the net and find out and bring 3 or 4 different boats with you and a tv w/ video running constantly of what the boats can do and all the info ya can , and plan your demo from your feedback you get at the show , you'll probably get exposure to around 100,000 or so louisiana sportsman at this show , which many are duck hunters who may see the benefit of owning one of these rigs ... check out this site the one in the dome may have passed already but this is the same show just in a different location http://www.lasportsmenshow.com/home.asp , you will find all the vendor info and phone numbers of who to call their , hope it helps chuck , oh and I want to be able to drive one of them mini's when you come down , maybe I could sneak us on the lease who knows ... I'd be glad to help you at your booth if you do decide to make the trip out , as long as my schedule allows it ...

Chuck, most of the big boat shows here start in January around the time duck season is ending and go on from there. Houma just had theirs this weekend which I stopped by on the way back from the camp and Lake Charles has theirs next weekend I think, I have to recheck the schedule. The LA Sportsman boat show is in Feb as mentioned and if they choose to have it this year the big Outdoor and Hunting Expo is usually in mid to late August.

MAA Vendor

The lasportsman show is March 13-15. I checked the cost of a booth 10X40 for 3 boats and it is $ 1500.00. I can't afford those fees. We have the Broward boat show at Bass Pro Shop in Dania FL on March 28-29. We make that show each year. We will have to Plan a trip to a good place in LA where we can show the boats in action at some lake and hope we can get the word out where enough people will come to make it worthwhile. Let's see how everything goes during the first part of Feb. and if business is good enough for us to make the trip in March.
    Thanks, Chuck

just build a souped up rd2 w/ the 40 kohler on steroids and sticker it all out with your logos and number and I'll ride it all over louisiana for ya , for a month or so with for sale on it and when it sell's , I'll wire you the money and you can send me another . I'll even pay for the gas

Hi fellas! I just got back from the Dominican Republic yesterday.

Chuck, I should be able to arrange for a place for you to do some demo rides. Although, the areas that we can run are located about an hour away from where the show is located. And believe it or not, I'm actually off of work that weekend. We could possibly set up a demo for the 13th, 14th, or possibly even the morning of the 15th. After that, I'd have to be on my way back to Houston for work. I agree with the guys that both the LA Sportsman's Show or the hunting and Fishing Expo would be your best chance to reach as many of Louisiana's Sportsmen as possible. If I'm not mistaken, both are now held at the Lamar Dixon Expo Center in Gonzales, LA. (Just East of Baton Rouge & Same exit as Cabelas) And yes, The booth's are expensive. We've had one of our tour boats in the show in years past at the Superdome. Although, I do think the the expo center is a much better venue for an event such as this. It is more spread out and offers both indoor and outdoor booths & exhibits.
    Chuck, did you check on an outdoor spot? The price may not be as high outside as it would be on the showroom floor. It'll still be behind the gates so your boats will be safe and guarded overnight.
    Also another option would be to contact Cabelas and see if they have anything going on as well. You may be able to set up at their location. Seeing as that's the only Cabelas in the area, I would venture to say that many of the show vistors are going to plan to make a stop there for some shopping before or after they visit the show. Cabelas also has a pond with a boat launch. They may even allow you to do some water and dry land demo there... Who knows..... It doesn't hurt ask......

Here's an idea. Sell it to Cabelas this way.....
    Tell them you'll get a minimum sized booth at the show. Advertising your boats, maybe have one RD2 there on the showroom floor... and you could send the show vistors to Cabelas for a live demo of the boat at a few set times during each day. This will bring some vistiors to their locatin to see your boats on display and at least one boat doing demos in ther pond area. Now before or after the demo, don't you think those people are going to go in the store and do some shopping? This should pull in some buisness for cabelas. Thus making this idea appealing to them. The only issue that I could possibly forsee would be sound/noise and insurance liability.

Any of this sound good to you?
    Chad

Live life on the edge! It's less crowded and there's a much better view....

MAA Vendor

Well, about 8 years ago Cabelas was ask if a picture of the first camo boat we built could be put in their catalog. The answer was; If you can prove that you can build more than 100 per year then we might consider it. They want help you advertize unless they sell your product.
    The trip to LA will depend on business picking up a little and if we can sell one boat to someone in LA or TX, Then we can make the trip. I will check out what all is going on in LA and try to make it happen. I like the suggestions.
    Thanks, Chuck