Thread: 084 ON A MINI " A NO BRAINER"

084 ON A MINI " A NO BRAINER"

Well the long reserch and wait is over , ive decided to go with a 4a084 on my mini im building thru chuck at airboat pro's. Chuck sold me three of them , my brother and cousin are doing a boat to , based on my recomendation,,,, I am currently going thru and making it airboat ready. Its amazing how affordable the little motor is. I will be posting updates along as the boat progresses. and I will be offering a ready to run in airboat trim, with belt drive and starter , solex carb and manifold , new slick impulse mag ,with exhaust , oil cooler / filter , completly NEW " painted your color " for 2895.00 , let chuck know if any of you are intrested. 352-330-1015. or e-mail me. also I may build a single turbo version of this engine this summer 600 EXTRA , so look for this soon to come. btw. just to compair a 40 kohler is 2600$ plain.
    this engine package is called " 084 STINGER MINI " OR " 084 Ti-STINGER MINI " FOR THE TURBO.
    Thanks to chuck for all the effort and reserch that went into this , He's really on the cutting edge with these mini's. stay tuned for more to come.

Re: 084 ON A MINI " A NO BRAINER"

What HP will the 084 be rated? and how much HP do you think the turbo might add?

Papee posted this awhile back

This is quoted from the 084 experimenters Yahoo group.

The engines were tested at TEN thousand feet at 107 degrees that they were
    tested at.
    > > These engines were run at full load for one thousand five hundred
    > > hours, and THEN dynoed to insure that they pulled the rated power at
    > > those conditions.
    > > AFTER the dyno test, they were taken apart, and the parts were
    > > measured for wear. If the sample engines did not BOTH make the rated
    > > power, AND pass the wear test, the ENTIRE shipment of engines was sent
    > > back.
    > > It is safe to say that most of the members of this site know this,
    > > but for the one or two absolute "newbies" that we may get in the
    > > future, aviation engines are power rated at sea level, onder standard
    > > temperature, (79 degrees I think), and pressure. This power falls off
    > > as altitude rises. If you reverse extrapolate the power numbers from
    > > the conditions that the engines were tested under, you will see that
    > > the engines should pull between 40 and 45 horsepower at sea level.

Here is a pdf file of the 4A084A engine manual. You can either click on it a read it or left click and save it to your computer. http://miniairboatassoc.com/downloads/4A084a.pdf

well i think a good carb and manafold should do 5-8 hp better than stock , a turbo will do 15-20 hp but low compression is a safe bet for a turbo. im getting my boat together first then will be changing set-ups and will post results. stock , mod carb , then turbo. just think turbo hiss from a mini , mmm mmmm makes me want to go ride now , ICANT WAIT. Im working with weisco pistons for a forged version of the piston with dish cut for turbo use. all it takes is money and time. my goal is 1 hp per cubic inch 84 hp

well got my new riggin today chuck and his crew out did them selfs again this looks great and going to powdercoat this week , will posts some pics when it gets back and start building. chuck you waited too long on the slick bottom now its ranin and nasty for the rest of the week. oh well call when its ready L.O.L

MAA Vendor

Hey Bill, The shop where we get the exhaust clamps will open at 11:30 tomorrow and we will pick up your clamps. Ronnie has 4 ft flex tube and i will see him in the morning. Like to here that engine run this weekend.
    Thanks, Chuck

well , we finally got it done ! looks great and runs great tooo , small problem with the starting system , after tring everything ,, i found that a club car golf cart starter gen works the best it turns it over fast with no strain , it has 4 start fields not 1 as the alice chalmers starter. so it works better , it runs out great , the solex carb was spot on. it ran perfect out of the box with little adjustment. wow i wish my big boat would have been that easy. just very happy with my mini. now on with my second one , my cousin wants me to build him one like mine. CHUCK POST THE PICS YOU TOOK OF IT SUNDAY. so every one can see what it looks like. may do a small video and post on you tube. will post link.

MAA Vendor

I was able to get a picture of Bills Mini uploaded. First one in over 2 months. I tried to upload more but couldn't get it to take. I wish other members would upload some pictures so we can get some more comments. Thanks, Chuck

Chuck or Bill,

By the looks of it that is the Whirlwind prop on Bills boat? How did it preform behind the 084?

Thanks,

MKG

Quote Originally Posted by chuckitt
    I was able to get a picture of Bills Mini uploaded. First one in over 2 months. I tried to upload more but couldn't get it to take. I wish other members would upload some pictures so we can get some more comments. Thanks, Chuck

Also the existing photos will not longer enlarge. It wont let you click on them. The newest one of bills will though. So something happened to all the old photos when the trouble started

Quote Originally Posted by brlcla
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckitt

Also the existing photos will not longer enlarge. It wont let you click on them. The newest one of bills will though. So something happened to all the old photos when the trouble started
    I disabled that feature for now while trying to figure out if there is an upload file problem. Once I get more input I'll reactivate the feature.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA