Thread: Safety First!

Safety First!

Reading different forums I see many problems that could have been avoided by just a two minute check before putting your boat in the water. I urge everyone to take just two minutes to look over your Prop, steering, throttle, and engine before you put you boat in the water. A quick check will show some things like a lose nut or bolt that could prevent a bad day on the water. Be safe and enjoy our waters!
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Re: Saftry First!

Thanks for the reminder. It's easy to get in a hurry and just assume that things are good because they were when you shut it down the last time. 2 minutes could save a lot of money, safety, and time down the road.

MAA Vendor

I have repaired a lot of boats because the owner didn't do a safety check. Most of the time it is a bolt, nut, or air cleaner hitting the prop. An alternator hitting the prop will destory your boat. When you come in from riding is the best time to check your boat. Then you have time to make repairs before you need it again.
    Thanks, Chuck

Being from the aviation area, it is paramount to do a "preflight" inspection. The only difference here is altitude, the safety concerns are the same. I prop strike is devastating regardless of where it occurs. I few minutes for a walk around will keep you familiar with your machine and save ya from a visit to the boat store or the emergency room.

John
    Harvest in circles