Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Ron and Robin's new mini

well i got another gen. for now did some mod's to the generator so lets see what happens it work good some parts from here an there now we go again,got 2 hrs so far on this one
    Ron Paxson
    Hull: airboat pro 11.6 mini with frog spit
    Rig: 1/2 emt
    Engine: Teledyne 4a-084-4
    Carb: Solex/Brosol H30/31 with main jet 150.needle & seat 2.0 mm.idel jet .55
    Reduction: 1.64:1
    Prop: 60in warp drive 3 blade 10 degrees pitch
    Speed: 38 mph
    Max RPMs: 3400
    fuel tank: 12 gal
    head temp: 350-400

will time for an update i made some mod to the starter generator i removed the front cover and drilled 3 3/8th hole in the cover and removed the brush covers and so far its doing great it dont get near as hot and i got just over 10 hours on it i am still working on the fuel problem of hard start after warm up have to hold it wide open to restart just need to find a smaller idel jet or something else the carb only list 2 sizes of idel jet being a 55 and a 65 but i will get it sooner or later for the most part it runs and performs great but i have been talking to chuck and we are work ing a better starting option for me see i have a pancake cage and to use the new starter setup i would have to build a new cage not sure i want to do that will just updateing for thows who care
    Ron Paxson
    Hull: airboat pro 11.6 mini with frog spit
    Rig: 1/2 emt
    Engine: Teledyne 4a-084-4
    Carb: Solex/Brosol H30/31 with main jet 150.needle & seat 2.0 mm.idel jet .55
    Reduction: 1.64:1
    Prop: 60in warp drive 3 blade 10 degrees pitch
    Speed: 38 mph
    Max RPMs: 3400
    fuel tank: 12 gal
    head temp: 350-400

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar
    Ron,

It's good to hear from you again.

Chuck's new reduction drive, and starter looks REALLY nice, but I'd have to start all over if I went that way. I'm too far along in my slow progress for that.

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

Ron if you ever need brushes I have spares. I ordered some online and had to buy a few sets to meet minimum order for the site.

On your hard starting, has it always started hard after it was warm? Mine had hard starts when warm this after a year or so of running and my magneto gave out. It always starts very easy now since I put in a new magneto.

I'm going to switch to the new starter setup when funds are available or if there is anything left after the bathroom remodel. My str/gen has died a terrible death. I had been running mine with the brush covers off.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA