Thread: 23hp Muffler + Thanks for tips on other post

23hp Muffler + Thanks for tips on other post

Thanks fellows for answering my other post. We had the boat out last night and after it sputtered for about 20 minutes, it finally came around and is running okay. It seemed to have a carb problem, possibly water or dirt. It is no faster but that is okay with me. At least the throttle responds right now.

Tygart Lake has a very low water level now and an airboat is great. We took it as far as we could up the Tygart River and the huge rocks in the canyon looked like something prehistoric. There is a cove on the lake where it is only 8-24" deep now, and the water is clear as glass. It was great to scoot along slowly and watch the bottom. We saw many fish including a monster cat.

I was wondering if you could advise me about the muffler. It has a stock Briggs rectangular muffler on the engine's side and it is killing me, even with earplugs and a David Clark headset on! Do you think a man could get away with relocating that muffler? I thought maybe I could use some kind of flex pipe and mount the muffler up high on the cage, facing rearward. Something has got to be done. That exhaust crackle is a killer.

It has a beautiful fiberglass hull and I am very pleased overall.

Any other people here in West Virginia?

Glen

Re: 23hp Muffler + Thanks for tips on other post

I'm not far from you, just north of Harrisburg PA. The on I built for a friend with the same motor has two mufflers that come out the rear of the boat on each side. It's pretty quiet for an airboat.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA