Thread: Took the grandson camping

Took the grandson camping

I sold the 032 off my boat so I decided to make a trip to camp since I'll be out of commission for a while. Just for the heck of it I decided to experiment with the engine shims a bit more. I decide to go the opposite direction with the shims. The front was lifting so I had the front of the engine shimmed to put the front down. It seems that I had it pushing down to hard on the front. Once I freed up the front end the 032 worked pretty well on the heavy hull. It pushed my grandson and I around pretty well.

Any way, I made a fire the first night and made him some marshmallows and then we got up early the next morning for some fishing. He caught the first one, a catfish, ok on my bass rod with 5lb test line. He had another one on but it broke the line. On the third one I coached him in holding the rod and when to let the fish run and when to reel. At 6 yrs old he did great although his arms go a little tired. He asked me a few times to help but I egged him on and he caught both on his own. He was one happy camper. I even let him run the boat a little while just idling.

I'm off to the garage to start pulling the motor, the guy is picking it up on Monday.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

MAA Vendor

Re: Took the grandson camping

Hey Papee, Now that is quality time with your grandson. He will never forget
    it. Good looking catfish too.
    I'm sorry I haven't shipped your engine. It will go out tomorrow on Fedex or
    R&L Carriers. Maybe it want take you too long to get it mounted and running.
    You've got to get your grandson back on the water. Thanks for waiting on
    me. Chuck

Re: Took the grandson camping

He told me I'm the best pappy ever, I was just thinking about how many of our young people now days get to do these simple things. No problem Chuck, when ever you get the time.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA