Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scorpy

MAA Vendor

Re: Scorpy

Hey brlcla, The reduction that Century Drives sent us is a cog belt so the belts want slip and it has a bearing to support the crankshaft. I think it may be the only drive that will hold up to 80 HP. Here is pictures of what we done today.

Thanks, Chuck

Looks like you guys have been busy today Chuck It's looken BaaaaaD.
    Good luck with finishing it up. Do you think you will have it ready for the show?
    Bogger

MAA Vendor

We don't have any choice. We have to be ready for the show. We do it every year.
    Chuck

Chuck,

Has Mike given you any indication of engine life. Being that hot modded do you feel it may be an engine for the average boat. One that gets used very regularly. Or is it a race engine only. I have talked myself into getting one of Mike's 60HP engines for my boat I will get built by American. Nice having there shop 20 mins from my house. Hopefully soon but money is tight right now.

MAA Vendor

I fell like they will be fairly dependable. The main thing with any motor is not to run it wide open all the time. Feel the performance every now and then and back off the trottle some. We have 3 customers with the 54 HP Briggs and they haven't had any trouble.
    Thanks, Chuck

OH, Mike said he checked the tracking and the motor was in GA and we should get it tomorrow.

MAA Vendor

We got the EVT engine from Mike today. Sweeeeeeeeet. It came in around 2:30 this afternoon. It is on the boat with the Century Unit bolted on. I tried to upload some more pictures but could not get it to work. I will have to email them to Papee and have him Post them. Thanks, Chuck

imported_Papee

full size pics are in the gallery

Maybe if I could lose 100 lbs Chuck would let me pilot this thing

MAA Vendor

Yea Papee, What if all 15 owners want to drive it? I never thought of that. Time Share Airboats. Tonight we will post a picture of what we got done today. Thanks for posting the pictures and thanks to the miniairboatassoc for paying for the prop hub.
    Thanks, Chuck

She's looking good guys! Keep up the good work. I was hoping to make it to the show. I got plenty of time on my hands after February. Thanks to our economy, if you know what I mean. Spent a little time at home and was even able to put a few hours on my rotax. I got a call last friday to go offshore so I'm heading 200 miles out tomorrow. Glad the paychecks will be coming in again , but unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the show now.
    Chad

Live life on the edge! It's less crowded and there's a much better view....

Chuck,

What show is this going to? Not to mention a fully blacked out motor looks good. Kinda gives it that "I wonder what he has in that thing" thought.

MAA Vendor

Friday we are closing at 12:00 noon and going to Dania FL to the Bass Pro Shop where the Broward County Airboat and Halftrack Conservation Assoc. is holding their annual Show on Sat and Sun. We are taking 3 boats. Scorpy. EVOPRO, and Ron's 084. Everyone should try to make this show. There will be over 50 vendors.
    I sent Papee 2 more pictures.
    Thanks, Chuck

imported_Papee

MAA Vendor

Hey Papee, I just sent you some pictures of the finished Scorpy. We got 3rd place in the race boat class. Now we just have to run it to see how it does. Could you post the pictures for me. Thanks, Chuck

imported_Papee

Any info on the results of the mini class?

Hey chuck,
    Scorpy looked realy great at the show, concratulations! I will be at the airboat races in April. I want to find out if we can stay over night there. Quite a long drive you know. I will be checking with the speed site. Chuck I forgot to ask you what is the second pedel on scorpy?
    see ya, Bogger

MAA Vendor

Hey Bogger, The other pedal is the brakes. On airboats that run over 70 mph should have a brake. It is required on all the race boat classes. Wait till you see how it works at the races.
    Thanks, Chuck

MAA Vendor

We ran the EVT Engine for the first time today and made some prop ajustments. We turned it 4730 on static load. It should gain about 200 more rpm's in open water. At 4930 rpm would leave the prop turning 2987. This thing even sounds like a race motor. We hope we get time tomorrow afternoon to put it in the water.
    Thanks, Chuck

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

Brakes on an airboat. I'm looking forward to seeing how that works.

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

All,

I had the opportunity to see and hear Scorpy run (still on the trailer) today at Chuck's. SWEET !

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

Scorpy has to be fast just look at it.
    Job well done Chuck and associates!
    Whats your gess on the speed?
    Will you be twisting the screw on it at the airboat speed race in April?
    I saw they don't have a two cylinder class as far as I could see. So I see there could be some up and comming exciting things happening, with the mini's being produced by some people.
    Thanks, Bogger