Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scorpy

MAA Vendor

Scorpy

Well here is the new mini deckover. It weights in at 218 lbs. It is 10 ft 6 inch
    long and 6 ft 6 inch wide. This hull was designed after Dick Hoffmann's race
    boat that ran over 130 miles per hr and he wasn't flat out. It has a .080
    bottom and sides and .040 deck. you must walk on the rivets only are the
    deck will bend. We want to see if this hull will create lift like dicks hull did,
    with a low HP Motor. Now, I need a customer that wants to own the worlds
    fastest mini. Thanks, Chuck

MAA Vendor

Re: Scorpy

It looks like Scorpy will become a race boat. We are starting a co-op to get it built before March 28 boat show.

This boat will also go to all the races and will have graphics adds for each owner of the boat. It will be an advertising boat just like a sign or a nascar race car. The current owners are;
    Scorpion Airboats Hull
    Ned's Fabrication Metal Works
    Dynamic Performance Coatings Powder Coat
    Extreme V Twins Engine
    Lynn's Stitch Shop Seat covers
    Stratton Airboat ACC Fuel Tank and Seat
    Airboat Pro's LLC Steering Sys, Throttle Sys, Exhaust Sys,
    Electrical Sys, All Misc Parts and Labor.

We still need a belt drive, A warp drive prop, and a trailer. I plan on making some more calls tomorrow to try to get some more owners in the add co-op.
    This is going to be the worlds fastest mini. Thanks, Chuck

Now we are talking. EVT joins in on the mini. Are we going to see an 80HP Briggs on that Scorpy?

MAA Vendor

Sheee, don't tell everyone. We want everybody to think it's a lawn mower motor. Wait till you see this boat decked out in race graphics. The Largest Sponsors logos will be on the front deck. I think Extreme V Twins has the lead with Scorpion next. Anyone wanting to promote their business can still come on board.
    Thanks, Chuck

I am sure glad Mike and Silk caught on to mini airboats. They have dabbled in the Mud Motor world for a while. I was wondering when they would start to branch out and spread the word about their business. Welcome aboard EVT, and I can't wait to see what that engine can do. I am a SW Louisiana man so there shop is not far.

Are these up for sale for anyone? What's the price? hull & rake only... no rigging necessary.
    Chad

Live life on the edge! It's less crowded and there's a much better view....

MAA Vendor

The hull is $ 3600.00. But this is a race hull. the bottom is only .080 thick. you can't run it on any ground. If you wanted one to run on the ground we would put a .125 bottom and a .063 deck on it. Then it would hold up on ground and still run fast too. I will check on the price of one built that way. I will check on the rake cost also. We want be running a rake on Scorpy.
    Thanks, Chuck

MAA Vendor

Scorpy is loaded up an going to Ned's Fabrication for the metalworks. I can't wait to see it.

Chuck

MAA Vendor

Ned should have the metalworks finished tomorrow. I will get some pictures and try to post them. Then it will go to Dynamic Proformance Coatings for the powder coat. Thanks, Chuck

MAA Vendor

I tryed to upload more pictures of the metalworks but couldn't get it to work. The metalworks went to Dynamic Performance Coatings in Inverness today to get it's bright red coating. I can't wait to see it.
    Thanks, Chuck

Hey Chuck, I just uploaded all three pics of the scorpy you sent all at the same time and it worked fine. Your settings are the same as mine for the gallery.

Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

MAA Vendor

Yea, thats the one's i emailed. I just can't upload to the gallery. I don't know what it is. I will try it each day and maybe one day it will work like it use to.
    Thanks, Chuck

Hey Chuck,

Is Mike about finished with the engine build? I would like to see the finished engine before it goes on the boat. Some close-ups to see what all was put into it.

MAA Vendor

Yea, I think we will get it this week. Most of the goodies are inside the motor but we will post some pictures anyway. We may get the hull and rigg back tomorrow from powdercoat and painting the hull. If so, i will post some pictures of it too.
    Thanks, Chuck

I know the goodies are on the inside. Mike probably has put flat tops, new cam, longer pistons, stronger springs, rockers, and rods. I would like to see the carb set up he chose to use among other small things I can notice about the engine. I have been talking with Faron at American Airboats. We are discussing using a 60HP EVT on their mini for my build. I was going to get one soon but decided to lay it all down on a 2009 F-150 FX4. Probably wont have the funds for the boat this year unless something turns around for me. May pay the truck in full and finance the boat. Undecided right now on the financial stand point.

MAA Vendor

Mike at EVT (Extreme V Twins) shipped the engine on Wednesday. I hope to get it Monday. We have to have Scorpy running by Thursday to get it to the boat show. We haven't been able to get one of the drive Manufacturers to furnish a drive at this time. If it goes to the show without a drive, I may get with bruce and design my own. We have until April 25 th till the first race. Buster at American Airbrush stepped up to the plate today and picked up the Rudders to do the painting on them. I can't wait to see them. He is one of the best. I think this boat is going to look like a NASCAR race car. Will keep posting thru the weekend.
    Thanks, Chuck

I like it.It looks fast siting still. Can't wait to see more pictures.
    Bogger

MAA Vendor

Wow, Rob at Century Drives sent us one of their mini belt drives. It is a cog belt and has a bearing to support the engine shaft. This is the best quality drive i have seen for the mini's. The quality is second to none. Now i have to wait till the engine gets here. Thank You Rob.
    Thanks, Chuck

MAA Vendor

Today we got the metalworks bolted on the hull. Sure looks good. I hope the engine gets here tomorrow. I sent Papee some pictures by email so he could post them for me.I think we have all the parts now except for the Prop. We will try to post pictures each day.
    Thanks, Chuck

Any worries about the higher HP on reductions designed for stock HP?