Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Papee's 4A084 engine

Re: Papee's 4A084 engine

thanks Papee , the weather is nuts here in NE Al. ---17 one day 70 the next ---this year is irregular at best.

Can not wait to see what you come up with for RD2 Hull. That is one thing we
    need in PA is a thicker bottom. That front deck is just begging for a non-skid
    coating and a fishing seat mount. Maybe one that can be removed and used
    for the passenger. Two more feet in length would be good also but they seem to
    go wider and shorter on these boats even on the V8s. Need lower seats too !
    Man where I go my face and head would be gone. Swear the Southern ABers would
    put a tree stand on their boats if they could, some high seats !! LOL.

I found an engine, been out side for a while and need to see if it is loose.
    I was told it was a PE90, got to see if the guy wants to sell it. Still in a
    plane but the airframe will never fly again. Might have had prop strike and
    if that is the case I will not use it.

If you get the hull I would like to take a ride out and see it. I think you
    are only a hour or so away now with the 78/33 bypass. Cabelas is about
    40 minutes from me now.

MAA Vendor

Hey ASHORN, We are going to name the new hull the RD3. We are also thinking about a 13 ft X 7 ft. Would a 4 ft front deck be big enough? You and Papee can give me your opinion on the size of the front deck.
    Thanks, Chuck

Hey Ashorn,
    I just mover to northern Florida last spring from the Tannersville area. Wish I would have had a chance to know ya when I was there. Not many people into air boats in the Pocono's. Once I get my present vw powered boat up on plane and working right, I am putting it on the chopping block to get one of Chuck's aluminum hulls for my ea-81 ruuu. It is either that or sell the ruuu and put the vw on one of his hulls. Either way I am going to get one of them under my big butt. Looking forward to see the rest of the stats on the new one. Hope things start to warm up there sooner then later for ya.

John
    Harvest in circles

Chuck I'll measure my front deck. I made mine big enough to move around but not long enough to mess with the trolling motor when it is in the stored position. That's the plan Ashorn. Chuck is going to make my front deck bigger and put in a sleave for a fishing seat. I wanted my access door in the bulkhead instead of on the top. I just wish I could work a live well in but I dont think there is room. After I get the length for Chuck I'll get him to measure how deep the boat is at that point. If there's enough room I'd like to add the live well.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Maybe something under the passenger seat. I have used Coleman Coolers plumed for a live well in the past. I know it would be nice to pop the hatch and drop them in without getting up. Maybe make the front a deck over ? Would like to see a "Splash Well" in the back in case water comes over the transom when you drop off of plane. I run some nasty rapids and that would be good insurance.

Yea, I use a cooler now and would like something more permanent.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

MAA Vendor

Well, what do yall think? A 48 inch, 54 inch, or 60 inch deck? Let me know. I want to get with Raymond and work up the cost. Thanks, Chuck

Chuck, for me it would be critical that there be enough room for the person in the front seat be able to stand up and have some room to move around without getting on the deck. I don't want to have to put the fishing seat too far forward. Going to a shorter boat is tough. LOL I'll go out in the morning and measure mine and see if the length will work out with the seating.

I measured this morning and 54" would work for me as long as there is room for the front passenger to move around. 60 would be ultimate though if it worked out.