Thread: The 4th of July weekend.

The 4th of July weekend.

I'm getting the boat ready to take out on a night run to watch the local fireworks tonight with my wife. It's about the only time I can get her into the boat.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

MAA Vendor

Re: The 4th of July weekend.

I hope you don't have the trouble you did when you locked yourself out of the
    truck. Please carry an extra set of truck keys. Have a good time Papee.
    Diane and I are going to work Friday and Saturday and go to a Nascar Party
    Sat. night. I have the Pole position on our pool. Oh, Our American Flag was
    torn so we put up a new one tonight. We are ready for a good weekend.
    Chuck

haha , we went frogging last night , caughjt around 40 or so and got back to the launch at about 2 am and my buddy pulls the boat out the water and gets out the truck and accidentally hits the power lock and locks the doors with it running , ac blowing wide open and the radio turned up , with 4 of us tired as can be looking at each other like , no you did not ... needless to say we pry'd open the lil window on the xtra cab until we poped the latch and then we pushed it open enough for putt to squeeze through and get in and unlock the doors , what a trip that turned out to be , but hey at least it wasn't raining last night

If you're looking for lanny's posts about the 4A084, all posts have been moved to the four stroke 4A084 general discussion here viewtopic.php?f=52&t=252
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

What's up guys? I've been mad busy at work and had been trying to get everything moved into our new apartment. That's why I hadn't been posting in a while. Anyways, I finally got a break for the 4th. I was able to take out by boat and do a little testing and tuning. The boat did ok.... It doesn't quite have the power that I was expecting it to have, but.... the powerplant is temorary anyways. It's a borrowed motor. I just need to figure out how big of an engine I want to strap on there. I posted a few new pics in the gallery and I have a few more that I can load from our 4th of July trip to the camp. I still have plenty to do to my boat, just need to find some time to get it done. I mainly need to get the boat to stop hopping right now. I can't keep it in the water. Anything over half throttle and she won't stay down. I tried adding some spacers to the front motor mounts but that didn't make much of a difference. I may have to move some weight forward in the hull. That'll improve the way it rides in the drink, but.. will effect my dry runnning capabilities. I'm not really willing to sacrafice that. I'm thinking that I'll try to lose some weight in the back portion of my rig. Namingly use a smaller fuel tank. I had used such a large fuel tank because it was free. My theory was that I didn't need to fill it unless I wanted to, but I had more than enough room to fit as much as I'd like depending on how much running I planned on doing until the next refuel. The problem is that due to it's large size, the fuel is allowed to shift back and fourth in the tank, thus affecting the way the small boat handles.
    Chad

Live life on the edge! It's less crowded and there's a much better view....