Thread: prop size

prop size

What size prop will a 4a032 run. 2 or 3 blade, wood or carbon fiber.

Re: prop size

I think either or , I believe papee was turning his 3 blade ivo prop that he used on his briggs setup before , check the pics of his new motor setup

Re: prop size

I have a 52 inch3 blade Ultra prop on it now but it won't spin it up. Direct drive I would say this engine would be ok with a 42 in prop max. I would look for a three blade adjustable pitch prop so you can fine tune it to the motor. In a wooden prop, if you could find a 42 inch prop for a 20 hp motor to try I think it would work out also from the testing I did. All I have to compare is how my modified 18 hp Briggs motor turned the Ultra Prop compared to how the 4A032 turns it. I do know that with some experimenting, this engine would push my tank. 16x5 hull. I have it pitched at 12 degrees right now and all I need is a little head wind to help the prop spin faster and I can get on plane. Hope this helps.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA