Thread: question of new member

question of new member

Hi guys!
    I am a paragliding pilot from Vancouver Canada. I have a crazy idea to adapt my old 23hp paramotor to mini boat. What is the smallest (plastic) boat would you recommend to me?
    Thanks
    Igor.

Re: question of new member

Welcome, Pilot!
    With the right set-up, you'd probably be surprised at what size hull you could run that 23 HP on.
    Papee has a 16'x5' hull that he put a little military surplus engine on that most tend to agree is in the 17 HP range and it did fairly well. You can read that thread on here... It's the thread he has going on the 4AO32 engine.

I'm new to this airboat stuff myself, but have learned enough over the past several months to guarantee you that you've come to the right place for expertise on the subject of setting up a mini airboat. These guys know it inside and out.
    There is no normal life... There's just life. - Doc Holliday

by plastic you mean? one of those lil plastic type pontoon boats u can buy at academy sports? or you mean plastic as in (fiber glass)
    -Randy

Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?

I mean something similar like you can see here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLjw4v9DtMg

Since I am a new guy in this aria, I need a boat which I can find in Vancouver Canada or around Seattle and not expensive one.
    Thank you
    Igor.

yea thats fiber glass but i dont know if you'll be able to find one up there i think a company in florida just started making those small hulls for chuck and another airboat company.... so you might have to talk to chuck and see about some type of shipping....but i doubt its gona be as cheap as your wanting i dont know what type of money your planning on spending i think chuck sells that hull for a lil under $2000 maybe $1700 not exactly sure.. but email him he might could get you a price worked up if you seriously want to buy one
    -Randy

May be just as easy to find an aluminum fabricator in your area and have them build you an aluminum hull. Shipping is going to be a killer from FL to Canada.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

I can try to find an aluminum fabricator and have him build an aluminum hull for me, but it would be very handy to know what prototype he can copy. When you checked the link, could you determine a size of the boat which was showed there? Can you sagest any good matching boats?
    Thanks.

go to show us your rig on the forum and look at the chucks post the boat in the video you showed me was made by a guy on this forum i dont remember the exact measurement but he should be on his post....
    -Randy