Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 4A032 Engine 32 cid engine conversion

Re: My 4A032 Engine 32 cid engine conversion

wow that motor sure would be pretty on that red minipro 116 it would match all the rigging perfect , will you be getting video as well with your new setup papmister ?

I'll get some video when I start it up for the first time. I see the airplane guys just have a few inches of pipe on theirs for an exhaust so as soon as I get these motor mounts on and a few other small things I'm going to start it up for a test to see how it runs. I'll get some video of the test run but I can't get any shore or other views because I'll be alone. I have two of the mounts on, just came in for a break. My legs just aren't ready for the climbing in and out of the boat yet. I was going to take it off the trailer but the amount of work I have to do yet doesn't make it worth the trouble. Once I get this all done I'll e putting together a tech page to put on the main site so it will be easier to view for others that are interested in this engine. I'll be doing the same with the 4A084 when the time comes.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

I got it running, it was a little hard to get going at first so the one side is loaded up a bit. This engine is very smooth running, I have it hard mounted and you can't feel even a little bit of vibration from it. It's not very loud so I think I'll just bring it out and straight up to the top of the cage. All I have to do is the exhaust, put the prop on and hook up the throttle linkage and it's ready to go.

[youtube:w4on2saf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKIhvwIS4A8[/youtube:w4on2saf]
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

I got the exhaust done but I ran out of time to do more. Just the prop and throttle left to do. I need to get it tuned a little better so it starts easier or learn what it wants when it's cold. I have to pull it about ten times before it stays running.

it sounds like it revs up faster than the briggs engines do , sounds real good pap , how much tourque does that lil motor make being its got 4 cyls ?

woah that sounds vicious i shoulda got one of those from the start i wanta know what it dose compaired to your other motor .. when u get to testing it
    -Randy

Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?

I got the rest done this morning, When the prop loads the motor, won't spin any faster I till have a little throttle left. I'm not sure about the comparison between the the old 2 cyl Briggs. I don't think the prop is turning quite as fast as the Briggs turned it but that's not a real fair comparison because the Briggs was at about 30+ horsepower before it died. I'm not really happy with where I brought the exhaust out, it is just outside the cage behind where I sit. It's not loud but the hot pipe may become an issue and also, for now they are a bit in the way when you pull the rope to start it. That is not an issue when a starter is put on. I have about 2 feet of 3/4 pipe on with one 90 degree bend and it is surprising how quite this motor is. The motor spins the prop pretty well, there is not much lag before it catches up to the throttle setting.

The prop is a 52" three blade Ultra Prop and is set at 9 degrees right now. That prop setup is made for a 30 hp motor so all and all, I think this is a great motor. I believe it would be great for a smaller boat running a 42 inch and under prop direct drive. I have a 42 inch prop here that I will put on it later on and see how it spins a 42 stick prop.

I just took it out for about an hour, it will get up on plane but it won't stay there. This is on a 16x5 boat btw. I think if I dropped about 50 lbs it world go. Guess I'll just go with the bigger motor, I don't see me losing 50 lbs. It is so different than listening to that old opposed twin back there. Sooth and quiet compared to the old setup. I think I'm going to get a freind of mine to run it and see what it will do, he's quite a bit lighter than I.

I put the 42 " 2 blade stick prop on it today and took it out. The thing actually planes out! This is a surprising feat for this little motor. Overall I am very happy with this engine and with a few hp mods this would make a great mini motor. The boat empty only sits in about 1 1/2 inches of water. So in my opinion, this 4A032 would be a great choice for a smaller hull.

Just a little added info for people considering this motor. I was out on the river yesterday, the wind blowing at about 10mph. When I decided to come in because the wind was making it hard to fish I was very surprised to find myself planing out and going about 25mph. This little motor is very close to planing my big tank out. Just that little bit of wind, going into the wind, was just enough to help spin the prop that few extra rpms needed to get it up on plane. Once it was up I could slow the rpms and it would still stay up. I just tought I would add this to let people know that it is soooo close to enough power for my 16x5 hull with 6 gal fuel tank, two batteries, trolling motor, and me at a trim 235lbs.

Just a last update here. Since I have the other hull I decided to do some more tweaking with this setup on my 16 foot hull. I noticed that a little bit of wind would help plane it out so I starting cutting the prop to gain some more rpms after putting in the 12 degree blocks. I have the prop cut down to 44 inches and it now planes out the 16 foot hull fine. I removed a lot of weight for these tests, I took out the batteries (2), the front deck extension, and my trolling motor, in all about 125 or so lbs. I am just so happy with the way this engine preforms I just had to tinker some more. The gas usage is very little, about 3/4 a gallon an hour if that. After starting it for the first time, usually 2 pulls of the rope start, it will start first pull with very little effort. It's not fast but it is planing out. So in closing this, the 4A032 will turn a 3 blade prop pitched at 12 degrees very well. This setup will go on my 10ft deckover hull when I get my new motor.