Thread: New class discussion

New class discussion

I see the need for a new class including the new evo boat by Chuck. I have also noticed that some people want a vw powered boat to be included as a mini airboat. My opinion on the vw boat is that it has a car motor and can not be included in the mini class. One of the main rules for a mini is "no car motors" if we allow the vw in that leaves open the door for other small 4cyl car motors. We cannot allow one and not the others. I think that keeping the no car engine rule in place will head off future problems. I do see the need for another class like experimental of as mentioned, "Super-Mini" I believe that a vw powered airboat no matter where it is put, with other 4cyls, will always be a vw powered boat. They are a class of their own. This is only my opinion and is open for discussion.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Re: New class discussion

The no car motor rule is ok with me but with 750cc limit on two or more cyl. cuts out engines that are available. Now that the EVO Engine will be used there will haft to be a max cc some were i was just throwng out sizes at SA.
    Mudmasher-Airboats
    RC Airboats are not just for running around the pond any more.
    htpp://www.Kirkwoodrc.com

hey guys,

Well, mine will be powered by a subaru ea81. This means I can't compete in any of the mini classes. Who cares, I do know who I am going to hang with tho.....lol. I like the concept of the mini and I already have the engine off my gyrocopter. I like the people and the attitude of mini type owners. I am kind of like herpies....your stuck with me for life. See ya on the skinny water.

John
    Harvest in circles

No problem John, I know how it is being from the north. Oh that's right, your from the north also. When I had thoughts of this site I had in mind a place where everyone could me that have airboating in common. I just wanted to break away from the misinformation at times trying to cross over from the full size rigs. Some things don't apply to the mini's. In the end it's all the same kind of fun. I would have a full size boat if it suited my use, it just doesn't work for me.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

MAA Vendor

Hey John, as we get this all sorted out, their will be classes for everyone.
    You aren't the only one with a subaru engine. The mini's are going to get
    big and we better get ready for it. I think an experimental class to start
    out with for everthing that isn't in production by a manufacturer. The forum
    is open to suggestions. After we get a lot of input from members, we can put
    it to a vote. I like the mini class the way it is now but it don't mean we can't
    have classes like ???, MiniAC (aircraft), MiniCM (carmotor), MiniHD( harley)
    or MiniMC (motorcycle) or even MiniEX (experimental). We just need to decide
    what limits and restrictons to put on each class we design. We could also
    ask that anyone wanting to be classed at a show must sumit their info on
    their boat to the club at least 3 months before the show so the club could
    see if there would be enough boats to have a class. if not, you get stuck
    in a class the hosting club wants to put you in. Let's here what ya'll think.
    ????????????????????? .Thanks, Chuck

Chuck I was also thinking about adding a field to the Mini Airboat Association registration giving each member a "registration number" that could be used in all events that MAA gives prizes for. If someone comes along and does not have a computer we can print out a hard copy to fill out at an event. Maybe do a points deal.

dont we already have an unlimited class? i could be wrong but just seems to me like everything that wasn't in a reg.. mini class would automaticly be shifted over to the unlimited class.. and you wouldn't have to be worried about trying to find classes for everyones boat that was a lil diffrent when it came to a show.. all the unique boats rather it be engine size/experimental hull whatever would all be in the unlimited class.. ..... or they could all be in the Experimental class if thats what yall want to call it and that would make the unlimited class just basicly for race mini's? or minis with larger motors? i dont under stand what the diffrence will be between the two classes..
    -Randy

Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?