Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EVOPRO 116

Re: EVOPRO 116

Chuck,

That is one beautiful hunk of machinery, but isn't the cooling airflow going to be restricted too much?

Dave
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, THEN JUST STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

MAA Vendor

Hey Papee, Our trade-in rules want let us take in people on trade. They call that slavery. Now a couple of 100 years ago, we would have a deal. buster, i think the cooling want be as bad as in the bikes. The prop helps move some air over the engine. We will be monitoring the temp. also.
    Thanks, Chuck

David or Chuck,

Any news on the EVOPRO or TC88 PRO whatever the name is now... Really curious.

MAA Vendor

Hey Brlcla, We ran it on the trailer Saturday and was setting the timing with the Laptop. With the standard ignition the engine starts at 15 degrees before top dead center. This makes the engine jerk when it fires due to cranking with the load of the prop. With the programable Ign we can adjust the start timing down to 0. When we started it at 5 degrees BTDC, the jerk was gone. It started smooth and we started trying different timing curves. We were getting close to making if rev smooth when the nut on the primary sprocket came off and one of the prop blades hit it knocking it out of the boat by the rudders. Not much damage to the prop blade and it is repairable but Sensenich is shipping us a new one. It surprized me how good their new Sabre blade held up. I have an appointment tomorrow with a Harley mechanic that is super with the belt drives. I think we might have it ready for the big boat show this weekend.
    Thanks, Chuck

Sounds like this motor may be more trouble than its worth for what I would use it for... May just have to stick with the Stage II for a while... Really curious to find what I can get out of the motor when we get the new setup ready.

MAA Vendor

The harley is a work of art but there sure was a hugh learning curve in getting things to work with the radical engines. I think we will get there. We don't want to produce them if we can't make them reliable. We hope to find out more today.
    Thanks, Chuck