This subject is still befuddling me. I can't really remember how my boat acted before. I have done so much work on it lately changing things like the rigging, new prop, more engine mods etc. Before, the boat seemed to be pretty level the whole time, it didn't seem to lift the front end, just stayed level and came on plane. Now it planes fine but it runs with the front end in the air. I think this is slowing my top end speed. Everything is different so I can't really compare tilt setting. I have a longer boat than most minis, 16ft so I can't understand the front end carrying so high, not real high just higher than normal or about level. I have about 3/8 in of shim in the front now, what is the most anyone has used to shim? I think that I could shim some more to bring the nose down and it would help the top end speed as long as the front end does not plow. Any thoughts on this?

Edit: This is in deep water btw, I usually don't run the deep water but right now the river here is about 4 feet higher than I normally run. When I am running between fishing spots I am normally in anywhere between just a few inches of water to maybe a foot or two.