Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Egg pictures for randy

Re: Egg pictures for randy

hey randy just checking up on ya man , did you get your bittys in yet ? how's life going , work etc. busy as heck on my end , gonna be pouring a slab tomorrow with a buddy for his lab , so I took a half a day off work . man laying pellets went up 2.00 a bag this month . what the heck

dude everything is going up cost more to ship everything bad thing is once everything go's up then gas go's back down nothing else will go back down it will all stay high... ..... works just work we just working our tails off.. i get my bittys on may 5th i think not sure i'll have to find my paper and see what i wrote down but i think they are supposed to call the day before they ship them out..... hey when they first get here im supposed to feed them that gell pack stuf..what do i do just wipe it on a plate and let them eat it or rub it on their beak or something? i got some chick starter and some starter grit... too i dont know if im supposed to mix it up and give it to them or wat i ordered a heat lamp the other day should be here in a few days...
    -Randy

Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?

they usually ship em with the gel but i never give it to em after i get em , i just start em on chick starter and fresh water , and believe you me , they will eat and drink their butts off , you constantly pour feed to em and changing their water very messy critters , you gotta keep their food and water clean as you can , so they don't get coccidosis from their droppings and keep them off the ground till their at least 8 weeks old at least , you can go less if its dry but if its a wet time of year keep them up high and dry till they develop immune systems , if you put em down to young they almost always get sick , its not the same as a hen hatching eggs and them tagging along the yard with mama , I've never had one of them get sick and die , but any time I order from hatcheries I keep them off ground a long time

oh ok sounds good ill keep em off the ground you get any pictures of your hen houses yet...
    -Randy

no randy I forgot about it I'll try and remember this weekend and post some pics of the house's and the nest boxes and stuff , I'll put them in my gallery instead of here

hey you said i could raise the bittys in a lil pool what do you do put down news paper and change it out everyday or something? i just thought about it in the pin i built i have a solid bottem like a baby pool i should i just clean it everyday or do i need to make it a wire bottem
    -Randy

wires better naturally but if your only doing it this one time and not gonna be raising biity's all the time just change the newspaper out every other day or so , just remember fresh water and a light to keep em warm for at least the first 6 weeks or at least till summers here full blown .

oh yeah randy put some newspaper down for them for the first 2 weeks , it helps them stand better they get traction better cause if not they get spraddle legged real easy and then they aint good for nuttin , I just hatched 23 bittys and still had 5 go spraddle on me Its my fault I tried putting some cut up card board from work down but it was to slippery for them and some kept slipping and now cant stand , had to pull their heads off this evening built 4 more nest boxes tonight after work also , and I know I got to get the pictures up for you . do any more to your mini ? chuck and ronnie have taken the lead by far now with that mini , did you see them 3 in it at one time

haha yeah i saw it... yeah they are doing good.. i might have to get one of those if i can aford it sometime.. aight i didn't know they could do that... glad u told me coz i have a slick metal bottem in my cage ill have to put news paper on it for sure they wont eat their on poop just cause its there will they as long as i have plenty of food and water in the pin.. i just dont want them to get that croc. and die... .....

dang u hatched alot... i shoulda just bought some from you .. except u dont know if yours are male or female do you...
    -Randy

buy good quality chick starter mash it has a coccidosis vaccine mixed in the feed so they won't get it and change your paper every time you see it needs it and they'll be alright , I can tell pretty much the sex of mine because most of them are black sex links and all sex links can be sexed at 3 days old buy looking at the head all cocks have a white spot on their head that goes away at around 2 to 3 weeks old but I just let em grow up and sell the roosters to the vietnamese people that buy eggs from me 5 dollars for rooster is better than pulling their heads off and getting nothing , I should be hatching about 6 or 7 mallards in the next week or so if you'd like I can ship you a pair for your pond when they hatch , just let me know , they are true wild mallards when you raise em from hatch they hang around wherever you grow em up at , sometimes they fly away during the day but they always come back to roost at night ... theyre beautiful , I'll try and get some pictures of them as well

Hey randy I got the pictures I promised for you today and I'll get my wife to upload them tonight so I can post them for ya , got some of the mama chicken w/ her bitty's and the mama rabbit w/ her babies and the baby duck and some general around the farm pics and of course the nest boxes I made that the hens absolutely love I might add ... they aint pretty but they serve their purpose...

here they are randy sorry for the wait

I would like to have some ducks but or pond dam is busted right now so ill have to get some from you later on or something.. but i got my bittys yesterday i got 26 12 white leghorns and 14 rhode island reds... i'll post a lil video later...
    -Randy

nest boxes

we took a bunch more pics too randy of around the farm if you want them let me know and I'll post them as well ....again sorry it took me so long...

haha thats cool dude no rush i'll have my video posted soon
    -Randy

[youtube:2tqvfgvk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z720E7z3hgk[/youtube:2tqvfgvk]
    -Randy

hey randy looks great , good job on your cage and it looks just the rigfht size for raising bittys , the birds look good very contented , temperature must be just right cause they're spread out and doing their own thing when they get to cold like at night they'll huddle together to try and keep warm , I'm proud of ya man looks good , you gonna have to teach me how to upload videos cause we could have a field day doing that , I'm fixing to go set about 35 pillow traps in the swamp this weekend and try and catch some crawfish for mothers day coming up and that would be awesome to get on video and post on the site ....

cool pictures and video guys keep em coming

pillow traps. takesome pitures are they easy to make? i dont really have anywhere to catch crawfish....
    -Randy