Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Egg pictures for randy

Re: Egg pictures for randy

ahhhhhhh more pictures , hehehe j/j randy I'll get on it but probably not this weekend Im gonna be busy got to go set traps tomorrow morning and come back cook jambalaya for 50 people for a birthday party come home hook up and go check traps and rebait sunday ... I'll try but no promises this weekend maybe next week.... you ought to see my mama hen w/ all them bitty's they ride on her back while she walks around the yard scratchin and they are constantly trippin her up theyre like mosquitos swarming around her everywhere she goes its hilarious most bittys I ve ever seen a mama hen w/ at one time , its good entertainment ....

haha funny ... all my chicks doing good except one of them is limping... she acting like her foot is hurt so she hops around on one leg most of the time... i'ma watch and see if she keeps eating or gets better might have to get rid of her... but hopefully she'll get over it
    -Randy

Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?

thats probably spraddle leg alot of bittys get it but if she can still stand shell probably recover as she grows and gets stronger usually if your gonna lose any they go in the first week after hatch but as soon as they start to feather they really get stronger and do good from their on out , but as they grow you have to give them more room because they will start to peck each other to death literally , they start trying to establish rank very young its called pecking order its like their way of determining social standing we can talk about that more some other time

right now they only use like 1/3 of the cage i built its its about 8' or 10' long and 2' 1/2 feet deep but i started working on my big pin a lil more yesterday i guess i could finish it up early and just run 2' of that bitty wire around the bottem incase i have to put them in there early i orderd one of those low presure watering kits yesterday so it will keep them supplyed with fresh water for good eggs
    -Randy

here a few pictures i took lately around the house just stuff thats going on

dont tell anybody but i was standing on my knee's on this one to make the tree look bigger but it didn't work just made me look shorter all these pictures are in my gallery if u wanta see the bigger version
    -Randy

cool boxer , my neighbor used to have a twin to that one , was that the tree that you said fell awhile back in that storm ?

yea thats the garden killer tree... i think we have enough fire wood for a few years..
    -Randy

bittys still doing good , I lost 3 to the water n hole 6 week old too , that sucks and 4 off my bittys got out of the cage through the wire and got cold and died down to (1) 6 week old left and 21 bittys gonna get my padner to hatch me another 3 dozen more , my ponds coming along good , its almost half way full but I don't know if it will hold water all the way to the top because it started to rain before I could get in their w/ a mini excavator and pack the high sides w/ clay from the bottom I started to do it w/ my loader but once it got wet from rain , now I'm limited to something w, tracks ...

yep so far mine doing good all 26 alive and the'll all appear good the one that is limping looks like she's getting stronger her one leg is under developed like smaller than the other one but it looks like its starting to grow now... maybe just coz she hasn't been useing it much i need to get busy on my big pin now before they get to big for my other cage
    -Randy

yeah you right , cause as they grow they start pecking the mess out of each other if they dont have enough elbow room

hey randy I picked up 50 ish baby quail tonight from my friends dad who likes to hatch eggs for me in his incubator , I'm gonna start picklin em again this summer , the wife and kids love pickled quail eggs , man thats good

chikens and pin
    [youtube:29m6h7ct]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqk1Iihqx7Q[/youtube:29m6h7ct]
    [youtube:29m6h7ct]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MD_CifYam0[/youtube:29m6h7ct]
    -Randy

its coming along good randy , that was funny them chicks were looking at you w/ that camcorder like , " WHAT THAT IS " , I got about 20 of my bittys still doing good , and 3 more started setting so I juat let em , and my mama mallard is hiding in the field setting also so well have about 8 or so baby ducks in a few weeks ...

well i finished my pin last night and i put them in their only 4 1/2 weeks old but i think they look plenty strong enough to make it we'll see i gota build a roost now and some laying nest i think they start laying in september if im correct

oh yeah i ment to ask you do u think thats is a rooster or hen just developed her crown early :P cause i think one of the others is starting to grow a bigger crown now hope i dont have ne more roosters
    -Randy

if you ordered 24 and got more than you got some roosters trust me

hey randy you doing alright bud , hadn't heard from you in a long time , I got 55 more hens last month r/r s and barred rocks and a few custom crosses the guy made a r/r rooster w/ a white leghorn hen , the guy swears by em says they lay brown eggs like the leghorns lay the white , so i got a dozen of em or so , also i drained my pond down and dug it bigger w/ a bobcat mini excavator , its sweet now , i put 40 bullfrogs in it last week

bought 6 turkeys today

hahah glad to hear your doing good... i just been enjoying the summer i need to start on my laying pens my hens start laying first week in september and i've been thinking about ordering a couple of Toms just to let them run around in the yard.. ... oh yeah i dont know if i told you but they sent me the wrong chickens so i have rhode island reds and new hampsire reds i did't get any white leghorns like i wanted so if that mix works out for you i might have to get you to send me a few later on or something rabbits hang around your chicken pen alot ever sence i put the chickens in the big pen i been seeing rabbits all outside of it just hanging out looks like
    -Randy

we have a few rabbits that come around but I raise san juans also we have about 20 of them right now , we sell em for meat to locals or for puppy trainers for rabbit hunters to start their bbeagle pups with , man I bought a lifted golf cart last week just to tool around the yard on , dude that thing is awesome , I love it got a bed on back to haul feed around and such and do chores , its way better than my old four wheeler and mama loves it too , we always fighting over who gets to ride it around...

MAA Vendor

Now I know why you can't afford a new mini airboat. No, I have 2 golf
    carts but we use them to tow boats around the yard. Maybe thats why I
    can't afford a mini.
    Chuck