Thread: full deck built from a chevy 1/4 panel

full deck built from a chevy 1/4 panel

I built this hull for my little boy in two hours today at work from scratch with no plans yall check it out welded all the seams and grinded it out gonna putty all the seams and put some urethane primer tomorrow and paint this week , need to find a good gas engine and servo controls so putt can really have some fun and quit playing in the bath tub ... He's gonna drive this in the swamp he said on the lease while we ride in our big airboat when i get it

Re: full deck built from a chevy 1/4 panel

that looks pretty sharp put a weedeater engine on it.. lol
    -Randy

Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?

yeah we thinking about that right now , but I may end up getting a gasser for airplane from a hobby shop and the servos for the remotes , i dunno anybody else got any ideas ?

Lester what would be the best engine and servo setup to put on that lil boat I built , its pretty heavy made it from a chevy truck 1/4 panel I quess it weighs about 3 pounds not sure , its about 2.5 feet long and maybe 8 " wide on bottom probably 10" on top

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need to see how it weighs went you have the engine stan, cage made. with the top 10 in. you limited to a .35 to a .45 nito engine they use a 9 and 10in. prop. If you are not into Nito Rc it would cost less to use a 2 cycle Gas Engine setup but your boat will haft too bigger. Our gasser boats use a 14in.+ props
    With Nito engines you will need ,Nito fule $15.00 +a Gal.,starter,12V batt.for starter, Batt. for glow plug

With a Gasser Engine you need , Gas $ 3.50 a Gal. 2 cycle oil, and pull the starter rope and you off and running . Gas is a lot less hassel for the Dollar
    Mudmasher-Airboats
    RC Airboats are not just for running around the pond any more.
    htpp://www.Kirkwoodrc.com

where's the best place to buy this ? I have an old echo weedeater that I could take the engine off of and rebuild it , but I would rather a good gasser rc engine , do you have any good used setup you wanna sell the hull ways 3.95 lbs right now and floats perfect in the water , I'll post pictures tonight lester of it floating in the tub so you can get a idea of what it looks like and such , its my first ever build , but my lil boys been playing around with a glue gun and foam for a while now and I figured what the heck , I'm a bodyman I got the tools so I made an airboat from a 1/4 panel