Thread: A short video

A short video

I took this short video for Chuck to hear what my prop sounds like. At the end is about full throttle, does it sound a little fast to you?
    Last edited by David; 07-10-2010 at 08:07 PM.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

MAA Vendor

Re: A short video

I can't tell Papee, It sounds like our's at full throttle. Do you have a tinitach? Our stock 35's are turning aprox. 3600.
    The 40 Kohler was turning 4000 RPM today. The different props don't sound the same so it's hard to tell. Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by chuckitt
    I can't tell Papee, It sounds like ours at full throttle. Do you have a tinitach? Our stock 35's are turning aprox. 3600.
    The 40 Kohler was turning 4000 RPM today. The different props don't sound the same so it's hard to tell. Chuck
    Yea that's what I'm thinking. The prop I have is supposed to be at about 3000-3100. I know it's hard by ear but it sounds a little fast. I orders the higher pitch blocks and I guess i'll have to spring for a tiny tach. I'm guessing by sound compared to my other prop, reducing the rpm by about 500 rpms which would be a 11 or 12 degree pitch.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

hey papee we have the same exact prop it just has a lil diffrent hub let me know how it dose with the higher pictch blocks im not sure witch pitch blocks i have but.. i think our motors are close to the same hp also
    -Randy

Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Randy I'm not running a reduction drive. My engine is evidently, by the prop specs, putting out over 30 hp. I'm running a 9 degree pitch block now. I need to slow the rpms by about 500 rpm. Each degree on this prop slows the motor 150-200 rpms so I'm going to try a 12 first, if that is to slow I'll put in an 11.

oh yeah i forgot you dont have a reduction yet.. you were working on one.. right.. well if you can get your engine rpms down with the pitch you really wont need a reduction huh? not unless u just want the torque
    -Randy

It looks like I won't be needing a reduction, I have no problem at all getting this prop to spin up. It looks like I stumbled on just the right setup between prop and motor. Sometimes it pays to be lucky. The only way I would need a reduction now is if I were to find a wide blade to put on. This works fine now for what I want. I now have a 16ft hull powered by an 18 horse (well that's what it started it's life as) Briggs that planes out with two people in.

MAA Vendor

We better keep an eye on Papee, he keeps making that 16 ft mini run better and better, people on the river will be
    complaining about some hotrod airboater running the river. Chuck

what... papee's to old to be a hotrodder :P
    -Randy

Not to old but maybe to beat up, I just retired from offroad 4x4 racing 2 years ago.

what kind of 4x4 raceing drag? or a track
    -Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Jr
    what kind of 4x4 raceing drag? or a track
    They were obstacle course Randy. A measured course through the mountains and a decide number of laps. They were really an endurance race, it was so rough only about 1/3 of all entries would finish all laps. There were anywhere from 150 to 170 rigs starting 2 mins apart.

that looks pretty sharp papee i like it... i've got a 4x4 gro tracker i cut all the metal off of and started on a roll cage but .. i need an automatic transmission for it..
    -Randy

MAA Vendor

Happy Birthday Randy, 25 huh, Your ideas are just starting to grow. Have fun, Chuck