Thread: Possible 50 MPH with 35 HP Briggs

MAA Vendor

Possible 50 MPH with 35 HP Briggs

At present we are using 3 different hulls. The MiniPro 116, MiniPro 105, and the RD2. The construction of a 4th
    design will start next week. It will be a deckover and we think we might get to 50 MPH with the 35 HP Briggs.
    I think this due to the design of the hull creating lift. A race boat I had created lift at about 70 MPH and the fill
    of riding on water would go away. The hull was only 5 ft wide but carried and engine weighing over 400 lbs.
    Now if we can create lift at 35 MPH, i think it will run at least 50 MPH. If not, I will admit my failure and go back
    to work on it. Thanks, Chuck

Re: Possible 50 MPH with 35 HP Briggs

haha i like chuck this is a man with passion in his work... cant wait to see this next generation of mini's unfold
    -Randy

Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Hey Chuck we believe in you bro , you can do it , go for it , it's amzing to see the ideas that are evolving within the mini arena , can you imagine what this forum and SA will be like in 2 more years , I love it ... hey papee I was thinking if you could go to louisianasportsman site and post a link to SA and miniairboatassoc site it would probably help get chuck some business in this area and may help me as well in trying to get more people in mine and br's area to take an interest in the sport and maybe we can form a local chapter of miniairboaters down here and lobby the state to allow them to be used as an alternative to go devils on wma's down here , we'll never be able to do it now but if we get these boats down here and people see what they can do as an alternative to go devils , I honestly believe chuck couldn't make em fast enough , chuck would have to come up with a ticker symbol for the stock market cause business would be booming , marks trying to get into the market now , but its fresh down here and ripe for the picking ...just a thought .

hey chuck does a step hull work like the pad on a bass boat does or is a step hull something totally different from that just curious , I figured it was a hull with like a pad designed into it to step up on ? at least thats what it sounds like , am I on target with my understanding ,if not please set me straight , oh and nce boat you posted on sportsman

MAA Vendor

Hey TheSnapper, A step hull is like the steps in the bottom of a Hydroplane, only the airboat step hull has only one step.
    Where the bow comes down just past the tangent point, the bottom goes 90 degrees up aprox. 2 inches and then straight
    to the transom. Some steps are 5 ft, 5 ft 6 inches, 6 ft, ect. from the transom to the step, depending on the length of the
    hull. I will try to find a picture of one and post it. Thanks, Chuck

I see so I was kinda right then but it is like a different section of hull that the boat rides on when the rest of the hull is lifted out of the water , well thats like the bass boats kinda aint it , ya know what I mean chuck when they go by ya w/ the 20' tall rooster tails and theirs only like 2 foot of hull in the water riding on the pad .

hows it coming with the full deck project any recent progress made ? or pictures found of step hull design

There is a step hull

is the section in black , is that a shadow cause its cut out their or is that teflon I cant tell from the photo

The bow down to the 2 inch lip straight up then straight back is the step

The black is just a shadow from underneath the boat

thats what I thought , thanks dave

I DELETED PICTURE

any closer to completion yet ?

MAA Vendor

Not any closer TheSnapper, Lee has everythink to build the hull but has worked on paying customers boats so he can
    pay his bills. The speed mini is a project we know will work but we don't have a customer for it at this time. It will get done
    in our spare time.
    We are working on the EVOPRO 116. With the Harley engine, it want be a mini but it will be a tough little boat. We are
    using SS for the metalworks.
    Don,t worry about the lack of post, it was really slow on SA this past weekend also. Thanks, Chuck

These boards are typically slow in the summer while everyone is spending more time outdoors. No worries there.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

gotcha guys