Thread: Switch Panels

Switch Panels

What do you guys do? I am using a dash from an electric wheelchair for my dash. I got an old wheelchair to use for parts. So far I've used the dash, electric motors, chargers, trickle charger, and the frame for my mig welder cart, not much left of it. Any way, I was using switches and a push button switch for the ignition system. This time I am going to put in a lawn mower type keyed ignition. What do you guys use to keep your dash from the weather? It seems I'm always replacing a switch for something.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Re: Switch Panels

thats a good idea i didn'nt even think about that i got a push butten with a rubber cover to protect it from water but my toggles are just normal ones i guess i could make a plexi cover with a lil piano hinge on it or mount them under the seat and put a lil liquid electrical tape on all the connections think that would work?
    -Randy

Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Yea that's what I have now, the push button with rubber cover from Summit Racing. It lasted 2 years but now it is bad. I'm going to replace everything and put a flap on it I guess. I have some rubber roofing laying around. When not used, I can just flip up the cover. I was going to make a cover. I still may, I'm not sure. Iwas thinking about moving my stereo to the panel also and just make a cover for it all.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

MAA Vendor

Hey Papee, I will take a picture tomorrow of a console with a Briggs key
    switch and toggles with rubber boots. Chuck

Hey pap let me build you a gauge console LOL

You can build me one for the new boat, All I'm going to do with this one is get a starter on and a tach.

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar

Papee,

Here's a tach:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=405

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

He wants the marine automotive style gauges

The tiny tach also works