I've spent days now looking for plans on the net. Most plans are what I think we'd all call Ultra mini's! 'Cause they're all r/c modles! I just have to ask this. By no means am I bashing or putting down the company. But how good are the plans really? One one hand, I read on another forum that some of the measurements are off. Yet at the same time many folks have built these exact plans with great success. Could that one person's comment be a matter of user/reader error? I don't know. Could very well be.

I understand, these plans call for using 1/4" plywood. I'm not totally opposed to this. I once ordred plans for a Pirque that uses 1/4" plywood reinforced with fiberglass. I never got around to building that boat, and I still may do that yet. But right now I'm REALLY interested in an airboat.

No matter what is said here, I do intend on buying those plans, just so I can start formulating ideas on what I want and how to go about building it. Just looking at the specs for this boat, the size seems about right for my usage, I'm just wondering about the power requirements suggested in the plans. I'm a big guy, at 6' and 275lbs. Add to all that, all the fishing gear I wanna bring along. Is a 20hp motor large enough to get it up on plane and all? Before you answer, I wanna mention a few modifications that I'd like to do.

I read about someone that built the single seater. This mini owner said he raised the sides from 8" to 10". I'd like more room for a bait well and live well. I'm think going up to 12" tall for the sides. I know this will add weight, but as I said, I want room for storage.

I'd also like to get some feed back from other people whom fish, that have built their own boats. What improvements would you make if you built yours over again. Or what would you suggest?

Thanks,

Jax