Thread: Rd2 mini

MAA Vendor

Rd2 mini

Yes, RD stands for research and deveplopment, but in this case it means Ronnie Deschamp. He is responsible for the R+D on the minipro116 and now the RD2 aluminum mini. This mini runs 35 MPH with a 35 horse briggs.

This one only is $ 11,500.00. The next one will be about $ 13,800.00. Here are the
    specs.
    Hull: Alum. .090 with Steel Flex, 11 ft 8 inches X 7 ft
    Engine: 35 HP Briggs Vangard
    Metalworks: Conduit with Powdercoat
    Drive: Red 1.69 to 1
    Prop: 6026
    Steering: 2 airfoil rudders, 36" X 20", Teleflex Cable with 8.5 inch travel. SS rods.
    Throttle: Billet Pedal, Teleflex Cable, Ball joints, ss brackets.
    Fuel: 87 Octane, 6.5 gal Alum. Tank.
    Battery: Red Top Gell, Battery Box.
    Exhaust: Dual with MiniPro SS Mufflers.
    Seats: Fiberglass airboat seat shells, Lynn's Stitch shop marine vinyl
    Trailer: Galvanized.
    This boat is second to none, well maybe the MiniPro 116.

Thanks, Chuck

MAA Vendor

Re: RD2 MINI

I just replaced 21 pictures in the gallery under Chuck's Album. Maybe I can upload some more tomorrow after we test
    the new MiniPro 105 with the 40 HP Kohler. We think we can pass 40 MPH and run the ground. Thanks, Chuck

what happened chuck

MAA Vendor

The pictures we had in the gallery were lost in the site crash and I've started re installing them. I liked your post in
    Louisiana Sportsman. I joined and posted to defend our boats. Check it out now. Thanks again. Chuck

have you been hearing any input back from dustin and bonnie on their boat , chuck ?

MAA Vendor

Not in the past few months. Dustin has been sick so maybe they haven't played with their boat much. I will try to talk to them.
    Thanks, Chuck

I found it

Forum Reader

Maybe you can direct me the right direction, are theseRD2 minis still being built? If so can you post the company name/website. I called a number I found on here but never had a returned call. Thank you in advance.

Chuck {owner of airboat Pros } was diagnosed with cancer a few years back...He closed up shop and said he wanted to travel while he had the chance..

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

Forum Reader

Sorry to hear that, our thoughts and prayers will include him and his family. I’m reading these threads but would really like to just buy one, because I have done the experiment/diy with a bowfishing boat and love what I now have but if I was to tally up the receipts I could have bought a name brand boat and been enjoying it from the beginning! So I’m looking for one that is for a reputable builder but internet searches don’t seem to get me there. Arrow Prop had their hull welder hurt his back and so I am searching further from home. Meeker was a stones throw! Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Keep in mind some of these threads are over 10 years old so I'm sure there's been a price adjustment{like everything} from past years...Some of the members from Fla. might see this and chime in on the mini builders in their area..

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop