Thread: New aluminum mini hull

MAA Vendor

New aluminum mini hull

Its 11 by 7 with .090 sides and bottom 6061 aluminum side height is 17 inches. It weighs 223 pounds price is 2195.00

Re: New aluminum mini hull

Hey chuck can you pm me a price of this hull with poly on it. Also I'm going to us my old rigging but I would like to get it powder coated, do you know some one that can powder coat it for me? Can you give me a around about price on the powder coating also.Thanks Josh Here's a pic of the rigging

MAA Vendor

Hey Josh, That rigg would not fit the Alum hull. The width and height of the stringers is different. To powder coat a rigg
    that is already painted, you must sandblast all the paint off. If there is some rust, the sandblasting might eat up the metal.
    The hull is $ 2195.00 and 1/4" poly installed is $ 960.00. The one I have in stock is webbed in black. It also has the
    steel-flex installed which is $ 300.00 extra, but we can get another hull quick. Thanks, Chuck

Ill let chuck give yall the rest of the information but here is a finished aluminum boat

how much is it and how fast?
    Quote Originally Posted by David
    Ill let chuck give yall the rest of the information but here is a finished aluminum boat

MAA Vendor

Hey Latergator, This boat is called the RD2. With the 40 hp kohler and the 3 blade IVO including trailer sells for $ 13313.00. This also includes frog spit slick bottom. We built one for Jerry Calhoun and he said it got on plane with 5 men and 3 dogs. I never even considered puting that much weight in one.
    Thanks, Chuck

Hey Chuck....How much is one of these aluminum hulls say 15x72(in the bottom)?

MAA Vendor

If you mean a 15 ft long, the bottom would have to be stronger and it would weigh more but i think it would run good but would get stuck on any dry. I would have to get it designed and see what the price would be. Maybe around $ 3500.00 with out poly. I will check if you want me too.
    Thanks, Chuck

Check on it if you don't mind, please. I don't run dry. Just over brush and weeds. 15 foot long and 6 foot in the bottom. Thanks.

I found a engine that is coming out soon that is 2.0 liter V4 liquid cooled 200 hp. It is only 20l x 20w x 18h and is only 168 lbs. I think this thin is going to make a sweet little boat.

HI Stackem... Would you be talking about the Weber??? Been comming out since 2006 and only to OEM. If you have some new/additional informaiton that would be great!

Thanks,
    Mike - Eastern NE

We live on the surface of a rock hurling through space...some things are bound to happen.

MAA Vendor

Hey Stackem, I checked on the 15 X7 hull built like the RD2 only with 1/8 inch bottom and 1/8 inch sides and the cost would be $ 2850.00. It would be extra to have steel flex or polymer on the bottom.
    Thanks, Chuck

Chuck,
    I'm new to your site and getting into mini airboats. I just bought an air drive unit from Arrow Prop. It's a 40 hp Kohler motor with a 60 inch paddle prop.
    Jerry Miller said it's putting out 200 lbs of thust. I weigh 250 and would to carry another person and gear with me.
    I like your RD2 hull. What dimentions would you recomend? And what would price be?
    How much would shipping be to Angleton, Texas 77515?
    Thanks
    Big John

Welcome to the site John. This is the Mini Airboat Association not Chucks pages. He doesn't log in much any more so you will have to give him a call to find out the info.
    His number is (352)330-1015

Are you the man that I talked to on the phone about building a boat?
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

No Sir, I haven't calleed on the phone. I just finished an email to you.
    Thanks
    Big John