Thread: Things to carry with you

Things to carry with you

I have a small tool box on board that I carry basic tools in, small vise grips(2) a universal screwdriver, some assorted nuts and bolts, tie wire and a few small springs. I also carry a fuel pump bulb in case of a fuel pup failure. What do you carry along in case of emergency?
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Re: Things to carry with you

What I've always had... I haven't started useing my airboat for fishing yet but i can tell you what we alway have in our boat when i go... Spark plug wrench, Gun, screw driver, flash light...... thats about it... except for the trusty PADDLE she'll save you when nothing else will...
    -Randy

Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?

yall forgot to bring the toilet paper , never fails 10 minutes away from the launch , dont forget the buttwipe's randy ...

hah i've been lucky so far that hasn't happened to me so far not on a fishing trip anyways.. lol we dont go far up river from camp when we fish...
    -Randy

I say a cell phone because chuck has some gas pedals that you can buy from him that has his CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER on them

Cell phones are good!Two years ago I was out fishing about 20 miles from where I put in.My boat hadn't been charging well and my carb was acting up making it hard to start. (needed new diaphragm)I couldn't get it started but luckily my mother lived close to where I was. I used my pole to pole up river a few hundred feet to a boat ramp where my mother met me to jump my boat. It started right up and I made a "B" line straight back to my truck. I could have made it back by drifting and poling along the river but this was much easier.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

yeah cell phone big plus , always carry that in the swamp

all i can use my cell phone for is a flash light we dont have service on the river im surprised yall have service in the swamps..
    -Randy

perfect reception in swamp like talking in my livingroom

Yep, cell phone is a must. Hard to believe we used to go out without one. I spent several days and nights broken down in the marsh during my younger days. That could have been prevented if I had a cell phone at the time. But... in those days rarely anyone had one and if the did, it was a big Zack Morris looking phone. haha
    Tool box:
    Small socket set
    a few comonly used wrenches
    universal Screwdriver
    a pair of channel locks or vice grips
    electrical pliers, electrical tape, and some assorted electrical connections
    plug wrench or plug socket & extra set of plugs
    quart of oil
    tie wraps, stainless wire, and a few feet of nylon rope.
    an extra drain plug for the hull
    an extra throttle spring
    an extra in-line replacement fuel filter screen.
    And bottle of water and small snack in the event that I can't Macgiver something with all the rest of the stuff in my box or
    boat.
    Very important that all of this is in a "DRY BOX!" The best I've found is a Pelican case. They're a little high priced, but worth the investment to keep your tools and spare parts dry and rust free when you really need them.
    Chad

Live life on the edge! It's less crowded and there's a much better view....

MAA Vendor

This is where the mini's come in. Take 2 boats on your hunting, camping, or fishing trip. Hopefully both want break
    down. Spyda's tool kit is like a service truck. The best suggestion I can give is to take a MiniPro 116 equipted
    with Spyda's tool kit. Chuck

HAHA, ya got me there chuck! That's a long list isn't it... It's really not that much stuff. It would all fit in a small plano tackle box. That's what I used to use as a tool box. I could cut that list down a bit, but that's based on break downs I've encountered over the years. It's usually minor stuff that you can fix with basic tools.
    Chad

Live life on the edge! It's less crowded and there's a much better view....