Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini Airboat Engines

MAA Vendor

Mini Airboat Engines

How many different type and size engines have been seen on Mini Airboats?
    Try to list the Make, Model, and HP if possible. Thanks, Chuck

Re: Mini Airboat Engines

8hp Briggs is the lowest hp engine that I've had on a hull and still got on top of the water.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

just testing

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s263.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://vid263.photobucket.com/albums/ii128/josh_2562/miniairboat2002.flv"></embed>
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Looking to find a 750cc engine for a class 3 mini there are a lot of 524.48 cc engines out there for less than $500.00 but i do not think they will have the power that i need. At this time i am trying to stay from a $2500.00 engine maybe later. got to get the glass hull made first.
    Mudmasher-Airboats
    RC Airboats are not just for running around the pond any more.
    htpp://www.Kirkwoodrc.com

MAA Vendor

Hey Lester, Are you building your own hull? If not, we have the MiniPro 116. so far the best overall hull we have run.
    They sell for $ 1895.00. Thanks, Chuck

Chuck.
    That is a great price on that hull, might have to give that some serious consideration.

John
    Harvest in circles

MAA Vendor

Thanks av8or, The hull is the most important part of a good running boat. For anyone wanting to build their own boat,
    I suggest buying the proven hull and building the rest. No engine, metalworks, prop, ect. can make a boat run good if
    the hull isn't built right. Thanks Chuck

so far i've seen mine 25hp , a 13hp i think, the 35hp...
    -Randy

Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?

The 4AO84 Engine(84 cubic inch = 1 376.513 376 cubic centimeter) looks good but it is out of the mini airboat class and the 4AO32(32 cubic inch = 524.386 048 cubic centimeter) is to small except for open water. Now i will look in to motorcycle engines but may haft to go with a 40hp Kohler.
    Mudmasher-Airboats
    RC Airboats are not just for running around the pond any more.
    htpp://www.Kirkwoodrc.com

I have a Rotax 583 on mine, its a two stroke and about 85 hp. Its a small motor size-wise weighing in at 73 lbs for the block. It came out of a snowmobile.

MAA Vendor

Hey Matapatos, Thanks for joining the forum. Looks like good work on your mini. When you get some wire on the cage, it will be safe. Papee has started the National Airboat Assoc.com and you might want to join it too. You might be the first member from Utah. Thanks again, Chuck

Hey Lester, we are building some class 2 mini's with the 084 engine. I'm going to put one on Scorpy and try to set a world record of 60 MPH with less than 50 HP. I hope to start the metalworks next week.
    Thanks, Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by chuckitt
    Hey Matapatos, Thanks for joining the forum. Looks like good work on your mini. When you get some wire on the cage, it will be safe. Papee has started the National Airboat Assoc.com and you might want to join it too. You might be the first member from Utah. Thanks again, Chuck

Hey Lester, we are building some class 2 mini's with the 084 engine. I'm going to put one on Scorpy and try to set a world record of 60 MPH with less than 50 HP. I hope to start the metalworks next week.
    Thanks, Chuck
    Hey Chuck keep me posted on this! This would be one thing I'd like to see in person.

MAA Vendor

I will Papee, we are going to do the build we all info being posted on this site.
    Thanks, Chuck

I have a 1986 rotax 447. 32 hp 12 x 5 foot boat. 2.58 box 56" 4 blade prop.

MAA Vendor

Hey Scooter, How much does your boat weigh and haw fast does it go? What brand is the prop?
    Thanks, Chuck

I'm not sure on the weight, but 3 people can pick it up without too much trouble. We have done it with two guys but it was pretty heavy. The prop looks like a composite arrowprop, but I can't tell for sure because of the age. There isn't a sticker or anything on it to help me out.
    If I am all alone it'll do 29-30 mph and loaded to the hilt - I've had 3 guys, decoys, guns, and coffins in 1 inch of water and it'll still do 27-28. Check on the show us your ride post and you'll find some more info. See if you recognize the boat too.

I did a little research and I think the prop is an utra prop. It is matched up really well to that motor and it's just over 20 years old so apparently they hold up pretty well. Brand spankin' new it only costs 350 bucks for a new one - not too bad compared to the big boats, huh? I'm finding more and more benefits to running the mini boats.

I'll have a three blade Ultra Prop for sale shortly with 9,10,11,12 and 18 degree blocks included. It's cut down to 48 inches. I'm going to a 58 inch wide wood prop. The Ultra Prop was set up for my 032. I was going to put the 032 on another deckover hull but I decided to sell it also and go with the 084 for that hull also. The prop is not a year old yet.

MAA Vendor

Hey Papee, I am trying to get 6 more of these engine at a good deal. I heard they were in top shape. I can't wait to see them. I will post when I get them.
    Thanks, Chuck

Chuck, you are getting 6 rotax engines? Do you have any specs on them? Like model type or any other specs? I'm looking to upgrade...
    Chad

Live life on the edge! It's less crowded and there's a much better view....