PDA

View Full Version : First Airboat

sreedy
08-17-2015, 10:44 PM
This is my first post. I am new to airboating. I bought a 1984 aircat. I have had it out a hand full of of time around Northumberland bow fishing. I would like to get together sometime with other airboats to learn more.

dr.peck76
08-18-2015, 11:20 AM
Northumberland County? I've got family in Prince Edward County and just north of Belleville. Where do you bowfish?

sreedy
08-18-2015, 08:55 PM
Susquehanna River. Central PA.

dr.peck76
08-19-2015, 09:27 AM
AHHH, different Northumberland....

Corky
08-19-2015, 06:58 PM
Hello Sreedy and welcome to the site !!! ;thumb;

Amazing is'nt it ?? I thought of Northumberland, Pa. {there is a northumberland county also in Pa}...But was'nt sure either..

My wife thinks I'm crazy when I tell her I'll have more fun with my mini airboat {in Sunbury} than she has with the speedboat !! :lol: I could run way up the east and west branches far past where the powerboats could run...I've already bought a trailer that has a load rating way over what I actually need so the trips up the highway will be easy and hopefully uneventful when I go on the longer trips....

Check out this site and the builds that the members have done...There's a wealth of info here and lots of help if you need it...If you have some free time run down to Millersburg, Pa. and have a look at all the different airboats docked along the river bank there...Everyone has their own way of getting on the water and having fun...

kent
08-22-2015, 12:47 PM
Susquehanna River. Central PA.

Hello Sreedy,
I'm down river from you, in Haliax.
kent