PDA

View Full Version : aerokirk's ice testing

aerokirk
04-16-2015, 08:27 AM
My latest video taken just prior to the Spring breakup:

http://youtu.be/0wYhzDHTfbU

Corky
04-17-2015, 05:34 PM
It's funny hearing the tone of your wife's voice for the second round on the ice...:lol:...I see you've mastered the ice a little better now.... What's the life expectancy of your bottom paint under the conditions you run in ??? Can you tell any difference on the ice or will the big difference be in the water ??? I've never tried the bottom paint other than the saltwater anti-fouling paint which is not the same application...

aerokirk
04-18-2015, 07:05 AM
Can't understand why she sounds so concerned:&&: ... it handles ice pretty well as long as you slow down for turns. Some of the ice was rotting and some was solid ... the boat really moves on the solid stuff though I don't notice any difference with the quickclick on ice or water for that matter. I do notice the difference when going through reeds and grass... much faster. The ice didn't seem to make any wear marks on the bottom.

Doozit20
04-21-2015, 08:49 AM
Man that looks like fun....

Corky
12-30-2017, 06:53 PM
Hey Aerokirk, were you out having fun this winter ??? We're ready to see some more activities now that you're a seasoned pilot !!! :mrgreen:

aerokirk
12-30-2017, 08:36 PM
Hi Corky...good to hear from you! Sorry but the last thing I want to do in minus 15 degree weather is to sit in front of a large fan:&&:. I did take the boat out to do some duck hunting in October on the north end of Lake Michigan which was a real blast. It’s truly amazing how much brush you can bust through with an airboat. I would usually find some 10 foot cattails to bury myself into which completely hid the cage.

I've got a pretty good setup now with two gopros so I should be able to get a decent video next Spring. Still waiting to see that video of you in your terrific looking boat.

Corky
12-30-2017, 08:56 PM
I know what you're saying about sitting in front of a huge fan in these temps!!! I always enjoy your videos...I was wondering just how cold it was there...We're in the deepfreeze too with daytime temps in the teens to the 20s and night time in the single digits...So I figured it was brutal up there for you now...I missed my calling this year the river just didn't give us any good water in the fall for my maiden voyage but I'm ready for spring !!

Coyotes-R-Us
12-31-2017, 10:54 AM
That's what I'm talking about!!!
Out standing

bgmcl60
12-31-2017, 02:28 PM
kirk you handle that boat like a pro. loved the video.