PDA

View Full Version : New to this site

TK-Rocket
03-26-2015, 11:00 AM
All I can say is WOW ! I had my first air boat ride last summer and was HOOKED . I live in Michigan near the Saginaw Bay, I do a lot of fishing in all the seasons especially love ice fishing. Yes it is dangerous but it gets into you blood. I watched an airboat go out on the ice and said "that would be te ultimate ice fishing rig" I wouldnt have to worry about cracks or thin ice, I am very handy at building and designing things, love welding but have never really welded aluminum, I think I will have to learn to weld aluminum !! or start searching for a used miniairboat, thats something I learned from this site, you dont need that big car motor rig to have a ball out there, I love reading and looking at the pics, and videos, you folks are AWSOME !

aerokirk
03-26-2015, 08:17 PM
Hi TK .... welcome to the site! Good to see other Michiganders on here and interested in building an airboat. I've never regretted spending the money on my Mini Airboat ... I've had alot of fun with it so far in the U.P. and it's not even a year old yet! When I'm not running it I'm working on it with planned improvements.

Corky
03-26-2015, 10:21 PM
Hi TK !! Welcome aboard....you've come to the right place......Lots of great members here......I'm having a blast building mine....I'm sure you will too....;thumb;

fresh water hunter
04-09-2015, 08:53 AM
welcome tk i am from the saginaw bay area also i am in the building stage right now